Virgin Doe + Virgin Buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mckenziee7

Reaction score
I am trying to breed my 11 month old Mini Rex buck to my 6 month old Mini Rex doe. She isn't being receptive but he hasn't tried to breed with her, he just like her face and cleans her ears and is sometimes uninterested, he does sometimes chase her and sniff her butt but that's it, no attempt. I have had them in his cage for over 30 min on 3 separate occasions. I tried to do the buck in her cage but he smelled around to much and when he tried to smell her she gt defensive, so I stopped. I want to show juniors for my fair in July. How do I get them to breed. They are in my garage that isn't heated. They have lighting all day from 7:30 am to 9:30 pm. They don't have heating unless it gets below 0 degrees here in Minnesota, then it gets above freezing.

Double check that it's a buck and a doe. Last time I had them acting like that, I had 2 does...

I have checked cuz I even thought of that. It just snowed last night and today. Should I try turning on the heater. Maybe to 40 degrees or what would be a good temp. I don't want to spend a lot of money trying to heat our garage just to breed rabbits

I wouldn't bother heating them. I find they do like to get frisky on nice sunny days though. Morning or evening are best. Basically, when they are happy and active.

I second Zass, don't bother with spending the $ on heating your garage.
I have mine in an unheated horse barn... (not well sealed either!)
They have done really well this winter; even in the freezing cold.

I even have a friend that has started shipping her REX to my barn to help grow prime coats on her culls..... her barn is insulated and kept just above freezing or warmer at all times.

Latest posts

Back