Register

Please reply soon!

A forum to help find new homes for rabbits whose owners can no longer provide care for them. Everyone can read, but you must have 20 posts to participate in this forum.
2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 3,980.00

Please reply soon!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Easy Ears » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:20 am

Hey there!
Ok, so there is a girl wanting to buy a baby bunny from me (When my litter is born...they are coming soon.)
So she has a 3 year old male already, and she wants a female. :cat-rub:
The baby I will give her, will be about 7 weeks old. She plans on getting her rabbit she has now fixed, so there will be no future litters. ;)
My question is...if he breeds her (Being neutered and all) she won't get pregnant, but will it harm her...being so young? :(
At Easy Ears Rabbitry I raise pedigree Holland lops and Netherland Dwarfs. As well as Dutch Dwarfs (A smaller breed of Dutch).
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/easyearsrabbitry/

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,195.00

Re: Please reply soon!

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Miss M » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:19 pm

It would be unlikely that he would attempt to breed her after being neutered. I would definitely make sure he has been neutered before giving her another bunny. He probably wouldn't hurt her, but he probably won't try.
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 34,505.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby akane » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:36 pm

There is a several week wait period after neutering and then it should not be an issue. There is more risk of her hurting him if she doesn't want bred and he insists on trying. Bucks have been castrated by pissy does. Most likely he won't try or at least won't try often enough to really bother her.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
Don't wonder why people go crazy. Wonder why they don't.

2 years of membership2 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,980.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Easy Ears » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:20 pm

But if he does attempt to breed her, would she get hurt? :(
At Easy Ears Rabbitry I raise pedigree Holland lops and Netherland Dwarfs. As well as Dutch Dwarfs (A smaller breed of Dutch).
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/easyearsrabbitry/

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Austria
BunnyBucks: 3,156.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Preitler » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:44 am

No. That would not hurt her. Without her consent there's no mating, if she doesn't lift he cant get his parts in place. If she's annoyed she will go away. Maybe give her some crawl space where she just fits under, a board on short legs etc., so she has a retreat from any such attempts.

But 6 weeks after beeing neutered he most likely will have lost interest, occassional humping - by buck or doe - can be a completly normal hierachy statement.

EDIT: Oh, geezz, I should look at the dates of posts :roll:
A good day ain't got no rain, a bad day is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been...

The following user would like to thank Preitler for this post
Easy Ears

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 87,493.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:50 am

Preitler wrote:EDIT: Oh, geezz, I should look at the dates of posts :roll:

Indeed! :rotfl:

But you gave a very nice answer to the question, Preitler! :P
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,195.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Miss M » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:46 pm

I wasn't going to say anything... :whistle: :lol:
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

1 year of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 296.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby JJCRabbitry » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:09 pm

My neighbor has a few house bunnies, three to be exact. She lost one of hers recently, and it was right when I had a Mini Rex litter, and they were about 3 weeks old. I gave her the choice of the litter, and she picked a very cute Little buck, and named him Lil sweet. She has two other doe rabbits, both fixed. One lives in an xpen, by herself, and the other is the one who lost her "mate" a few months ago. So, now Lil Sweet is now 7 months old, and he is fixed. They still haven't bonded with each other, but it seems to go a lot better now that he is fixed. He does try to mount her, and it seems to actually help their "getting along" process. Hope this helps. :oops:
JJC Rabbitry
Selling QUALITY Flemish Giants in Blue and Fawn, Mini Rex in Castor and Red, Lionheads, Holland Lops, and Pet mixes.

1 year of membership
Slovenia
BunnyBucks: 1,040.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Nika » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:01 pm

Preitler wrote:Without her consent there's no mating, if she doesn't lift he cant get his parts in place.

True, in most cases. My latest litter (oven babies) were product of a rape :oops: My buck went after doe (3 months old. old enough, but in here rabbits are not really ready by then), grabbed her and penetrated when she was just laying there frightened.