Register

Louisiana area: Two sweet, tame bunnies need new homes

A forum to help find new homes for rabbits whose owners can no longer provide care for them. Everyone can read, but you must have 20 posts to participate in this forum.
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 160.00

Louisiana area: Two sweet, tame bunnies need new homes

Post Number:#1  Unread postby stemnyj » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:01 am

I'm so sad to be posting this.. but we are starting a new business, and unfortunately, we no longer have the time to give our beloved bunnies the attention that they deserve.

We have two bunnies: BunBun, a Flemish Giant cross, and Riley, a black & white bunny. The woman we got Riley from said that she also has Flemish genes, but so far, she is much smaller than BunBun. She is also younger, though.

Our bunnies will come with supplies, but more on that in a bit. They are unbonded, so they can go to seperate homes, but they also get along, so they can go together as well. Neither of them are neutered, but they are both very healthy,

Here are the beautiful sweethearts:

BunBun

Image Image

BunBun is a big loaf. He is litter trained and very affectionate - once he bonds with you, he loves to hop figure-8's around your feet. His favorite activity is finding a cool spot in the house and lounging there, kicking his feet out behind him. BunBun is very calm, great with kids and adults alike, and loves friendly cats - he will follow them around and rub his chin all over them!

Riley

Image Image

These pics were taken the first day we got Riley - she is now larger (and cleaner!), though not nearly as large as BunBun. I refer to her as a "she", but we aren't sure of her gender yet. Riley is incredibly playful, and much more active than BunBun. She is also litter trained, and she absolutely loves being held and cuddled. She is a little timid around smaller kids, but is coming around to my 4-year-old as she gets used to her. She hasn't had as much experience as cats with BunBun - the one that she did meet was a kitten who pestered her and swiped at her when she tried to sniff it, so it will take meeting a calm, friendly cat for her to get used to them.

Regarding supplies:

If both bunnies get adopted together, they will come with all of the supplies. However, if one bunny gets adopted before the other, we will have to keep their food and wood shavings (litter) until the last one is adopted.

We have one bunny cage. The cage is too small for BunBun, so it will go with Riley. BunBun is currently in a large dog kennel, which we unfortunately cannot give with him, as we are borrowing it from a family member.

Whichever bunny gets adopted first will come with an incredibly huge bag of hay.

If both get adopted together, or if you adopt the remaining rabbit, it will come with a half-full bulk-sized bag of wood shavings, as well as what is left of their pellets.

Each bunny will come with their own toys, food bowl, and water bottle.

On Craigslist I am asking an adoption fee to ensure that they aren't used as snake food/hunting bait, but since I know you guys are rabbit lovers, I feel comfortable giving them to one of you without a fee.

Please, please let me know if you are interested. We are located in the Alexandria/Pineville area.

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,195.00

Re: Louisiana area: Two sweet, tame bunnies need new homes

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Miss M » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:34 pm

Aw... I'm so sorry you're having to rehome them! It's obvious how much you love them. :(

Any chance a friend or family member could visit the rabbits regularly to give them attention and help with their care, while y'all get settled with your new business? Or take them and care for them until you can bring them back home? Or are you not sure you'll ever get to that point?

If you can't do one of those, I sure hope you can find these exceptional bunnies wonderful homes! :good-luck:

I'm a few hours away from you (but I cannot take them).
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 115.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Yossi » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:35 pm

I am in Lake Charles , I have 27 rabbits ..... ill take them !

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,195.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Miss M » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:48 am

Yossi, you might want to send Stemnyj a PM. She hasn't visited since she posted that, but she will get an email if you send her a PM. You can either click to go to her profile and PM her from there, or you can hover over her name, and a menu will appear that has the option to PM on it.
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison