Register

52 free horses - Ohio

A forum to help find new homes for rabbits whose owners can no longer provide care for them. Everyone can read, but you must have 20 posts to participate in this forum.
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 9,270.00

52 free horses - Ohio

Post Number:#1  Unread postby trinityoaks » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:44 pm

This was on my Facebook wall this evening.

52 thoroughbred horses need homes. Will go to Sugarcreek this Saturday for slaughter. Gentleman died and his son wants nothing to do with them. Most broodmares are broke and some are in foal weanling, yearlings, 2 yrs and 3 yrs old. most are gelded. FREE and papered. Friend of the deceased is trying to find homes 440-463-4288 Barnesville, OH.

The following user would like to thank trinityoaks for this post
icebunny

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 18,991.00

Re: 52 free horses - Ohio

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Bad Habit » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:11 am

Wow, that's a really really old post...

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/horses.asp
Bad Habit Rabbits
Just like a Bad Habit, I can't make myself quit rabbits ;)
Visit My Website
Like Me on Facebook

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 9,270.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby trinityoaks » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:44 am

Lovely!! :shock: :oops: Never mind then! I didn't even think to check snopes. (There are a LOT of things I don't trust them about, so I'm not as apt to check with them as I once was.)

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 22,540.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Secuono » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:42 am

I'll take a free mini or pony, but not another full size horse.

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 21,560.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Kyle@theWintertime » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:48 am

C&B? It's not even real. It's an old internet thing. The horses were never destined for slaughter, that was totally made up, and they found homes for them all within weeks of posting that they were available........years ago. It isn't real any more but people still circulate it so that well-meaning people will click or call on websites or phone numbers, which is a SCAM.
Wintertime Rabbitry: Purebred Sable Point English Lops
Member of the American Rabbit Breeders Association, the Lop Rabbit Club of America, the Western Michigan Rabbit Breeders Association, the Forest City Rabbit Breeders Club, and the Michigan State Rabbit Breeders Association.

https://klawrence5995.wixsite.com/wintertime

Formerly Kyle@theHeathertoft

The following user would like to thank Kyle@theWintertime for this post
Bad Habit

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 256.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby icebunny » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Hello,

I rescue Tb's off the track and I believe this is the same sale I was told about. Since the same circumstance and same area. Well I already told them to contact rescues and Tb rescues in OH and surrounding states... Also to post ads of the horses on canter.com or to contact canter directly via phone or email so they can adopt some of the horses and find other to adopt out to. I'm willing to take in 2 more If i can find some to transport... problem is that is a far drive I live n Las Vegas...

__________ Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:02 pm __________

oh, just read the above posts... I had just hard about this a week ago...