Register

People on youtube

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 1,302.00

People on youtube

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Maleficent » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:38 pm

https://youtu.be/td8y6p72A-A

The people in this comment section I swear.. they are tearing the poor guy a new one over personal opinions. "Rabbits should not be on wire! They should be in a solid bottom cage!" "You must be abusive why else would the rabbit be aggressive!" I just want to wring their necks because a lot of their info sounds like it's personal opinions.

To me the rabbit looks like it's just being very hormonal and territorial, the guy in the video keeps calling it a he and based on the sounds it makes towards the end reminds me of Mal when she was really hormonal.

1 year of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 2,665.00

Re: People on youtube

Post Number:#2  Unread postby shazza » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 pm

the hsus/hrs has done a good job making the general populous believe that wire is cruel. they're everywhere. i've even had a few myself, but fortunately they seemed to be pretty understanding and didn't harass me or anything. it's more common online than in person though, since anonymity breeds "opinions". there's no doing anything about it really, except ignoring them and educating those that actually want to be educated.

in the video though the guy says the rabbit had been neutered, and had become aggressive 'in the past few months.' is this typically a thing? because i have a neutered lionhead that was a sweetheart up until about six months after he was neutered and then he became a very evil, grouchy little thing. he's our "housepet" and honestly he's less of a pet and more of a 'thing that lives in my house' now because he won't let us interact with him at all. he's not particularly aggressive, he won't bite or box, but he growls when you come near him or try to touch him. i mostly just leave him alone and let him do his thing, but i miss when he would come sit in my lap and follow me around the house.
mini lop, standard rex, meat mutts
tumblr: @babbits | facebook: @frithyeer.rabbits | ig: @frithyeerfarm

1 year of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 2,740.00

Re: People on youtube

Post Number:#3  Unread postby KimitsuKouseki » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:11 pm

shazza wrote:i have a neutered lionhead that was a sweetheart up until about six months after he was neutered and then he became a very evil, grouchy little thing. he's our "housepet" and honestly he's less of a pet and more of a 'thing that lives in my house' now because he won't let us interact with him at all. he's not particularly aggressive, he won't bite or box, but he growls when you come near him or try to touch him. i mostly just leave him alone and let him do his thing, but i miss when he would come sit in my lap and follow me around the house.

I'm not sure why that happens. The bunny in the video acts like Nikita and Eva used to. Especially Eva, she still grunts but wont attack me, but she'll attack anything that moves. These are unspawed females though, but here's what I've been doing in trying to improve their temper and it's mostly worked.
I talk to em, "Eva! hello Eva!" "Nikita, common girl" and then I pick them up without fail. I'll hold em so they have their head resting on my shoulder while I use my head to keep their head down. Some times they'll fight me, but I try and keep em a few mins. Then I gently put them back in their cages and leave em alone. Both were neglected severely by their previous owners and had no trust. Eva calmed down to me after 2 weeks, she still has to be in a solo cage, but other then grunting before I pick her up, she doesnt put up any resistence. Nikita has been a slower process, she was already 2 years old when I got her while Eva was 6 months old, the scar of neglect was of different mesure.
With Nikita, no matter what, just doing like with Eva wasnt working. Since then I've found that she absolutly adores treats. When I got Beckett and Lolita, the lady had given me some rodent treats, they almost looked like cat food to be honest, but none of my bunnies liked em so they remained unused. Nikita LOVES them, so at first, every time I aproached her cage I gave her one (she has to pick it up from my fingers). Then when she started to expect the treat I started only giving her one every other times. Then after a bit I started doing the few minutes picking up like with Eva, only difference is afterward she gets a treat. It took me over a month, but now I can keep her in my arms for up to 30min and she still gets her treats. I even had to buy new ones last weekend cause I'm starting to run out XD
I know so many treats is not good for em, but it's taken that to gain her trust after years of neglect and I feel the result is more important. She's calmed down so much now, I only give her 1 or 2 per day. She's having babies in 2 weeks, so I'm going to have babies in my bedroom soon ^^

Anyways point is, whatever happened that caused the bunny to go mean, I feel with enough work it'd be possible to gain some trust back, they might not become affectionnate like you remember, but it's worth it.

The following user would like to thank KimitsuKouseki for this post
a7736100