Register

Grrr...by by MasterCard

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 4,556.00

Grrr...by by MasterCard

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Rebel.Rose.Rabbitry » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:38 pm

I am going to rid myself of MasterCard asap. I checked this out elsewhere, google and call...yep they are pro-P....nop not giving my business to zoo and aquarium haters or those that might fwd my info and do that. What in the world were they thinking??

http://patch.com/georgia/midtown/georgi ... -protest-0
Rabbitry is changing in 2016.

Glenville, West Virginia

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 30,579.00

Re: Grrr...by by MasterCard

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Zass » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:25 am

I don't like how PETA divides people.

It always causes a sinking feeling in my guts...

Site Supporter
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 7,890.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:46 am

JMHO... Businesses are trying to make money-- so-- are interested in knowing about practises customers are upset about,--- if you have a master card, and you tell them you are canceling their card and switching to visa, because they publicly support crazy people who break in and steal peoples pets, and then have those stolen pets euthanized....
Seed Garlic, http://www.Mountainvalleygarlic.com , https://www.facebook.com/Mountain-Valle ... 254347988/,
hard neck garlic varieties for fall planting.
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens, and too many ducks..
https://vimeo.com/176370337?ref

The following user would like to thank michaels4gardens for this post
Homer

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
Male
BunnyBucks: 1,023.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby SoDak Thriver » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:01 am

Zass wrote:I don't like how PETA divides people.

It always causes a sinking feeling in my guts...

Dividing people seems to be everyone's business these days, even when it costs money. It's so weird. It's like a currency all its own. Huge multinational corporations used to stay away from stuff like that.
Homeschooling dad of 4 (aged 13, 9, 7, 2), accountant, and rabbit noob apprentice.

1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 5,273.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby macksmom98 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:15 am

Ugh, our bank uses Mastercard for all debit cards, and we really like our credit union:( I wish that I could choose to use visa, but I dont believe thats a choice. It seems there are more and more places I don't want to give my money to these days. No more shopping at Target, starbucks, and home depot, and now this from mastercard. Too bad that big name companies put you in a position to have to choose, but I suppose thats life and some of these issues are my own.......

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 8,349.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Homer » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:09 pm

macksmom98 wrote:Ugh, our bank uses Mastercard for all debit cards, and we really like our credit union:( I wish that I could choose to use visa, but I dont believe thats a choice. It seems there are more and more places I don't want to give my money to these days. No more shopping at Target, starbucks, and home depot, and now this from mastercard. Too bad that big name companies put you in a position to have to choose, but I suppose thats life and some of these issues are my own.......

You can at Wells Fargo if you can stand them mom.
Previous owner of the elusive and much sought after "Get Away With It" card.

http://bdbunnyranch.weebly.com/

1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 5,273.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby macksmom98 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Cant stand them, would rather support Mastercard.........we banked with Wells Fargo for years and they did nothing for us. We moved to a credit union and got multiple car loans and refi's. Couldn't get a mortgage with wells fargo to save our life then 2 or 3 months later they bought ours from another company. Super frustrating and makes no sense to us. We are real estate investors with up to 5 mortgages at a time, so our experience and needs may be more than most. I still don't understand how we can get 5 mortgages elsewhere and none from them, but they still end up with our business. And their customer service is awful, its just really hard to get in touch with someone who can actually do something. Guess that's what big banking looks like these day.......anyway-rant over ,lol

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 995.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby MoonSpiritMom » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:46 pm

It's almost best to keep your money under your mattress now!!! Crazy interest rates, businesses selling your information to other companies. Selling your debts to other companies! its just not the same world i grew up in. Credit is king these days. as the credit companies just watch your drown in your debt. i just read of a credit agency in NJ that said that being murdered was not a good excused for not paying your student loans..... Ummmm....... ?
Working on my little homestead...
13 chickens, 4 muscovy ducks, 4 kids, 2 cats and 1 dog. 5 rabbits! 1 Cali/NZ doe, 1 Giant Chinchilla/Flemish Cross Doe, 2 Flem/NZ cross does, 1 Flem/NZ cross buck!

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Rebel.Rose.Rabbitry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:40 am

I've thought about it, but as soon as stash in home some one breaks in ugh.

I have 1 CC to pay off and look for another...darn it I *just* got going good a few months ago to boot ugh. Going to ask if they can switch me to Visa instead. However, never really paid attention...my state card is a MC, no alternatives and they can't change it. They assured me they wouldn't give my information, but I still don't trust it. SO I am stuck with 1 in the end...still better than 2.

What's really scary is that there isn't as much up roar yet as I'd figured there would be over it...small bursts and mentions but no BIG blow ups. I do not get it, I don't know if people just don't understand or what but this is crazy.

Glenville, West Virginia

Site Supporter
2 years of membership2 years of membership
Austria
BunnyBucks: 3,111.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Preitler » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:59 pm

I simply don't understand what credit cards are good for, in daily life :oops: . On trips to foreign countries, ok, some advantages, but every day?

If I buy something I pay for it, that's quite simple, no one elses business. I don't need no multi billion $$$ company skimming off money at every deal, and I don't see what I would get in return for paying their profit.

I have an ATM Card, can get cash or pay with that, no need for something more fancy. Even abroad, worked fine in the US too.
A good day ain't got no rain, a bad day is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been...

The following user would like to thank Preitler for this post
michaels4gardens

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 32,726.00

Post Number:#11  Unread postby ladysown » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:37 pm

ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 9,656.00

Post Number:#12  Unread postby heritage » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Sounds like well worded back pedaling to me :roll:

We don't do CCs anymore... it's way too easy to get in trouble, and I don't agree with their practices. We hesitated but eventually got on for DH for business reasons (we had one issue with debit and a car rental, he didn't know he could tell them to run it as credit and she was being a butt about it... and one other time they froze our accounts b/c of the charges out of state all of a sudden) - one month I was out of town when the bill was due. I thought I remembered the total but was $5 short when I paid it in full. The next month I had a $20+ interest charge. It's evidently on the whole cycle, not just the amount that was carried over - the next month? Another $18 in interest charges!?!? For that same $5?!?! :evil: Now explain that to me. $40 in interest for a $5 mistake. They wouldn't talk to me on the phone since it was DH's card, but I was pi$$ed to say the least (so it's probably good I didn't get a word in). They gave him the run around, but finally agreed to reverse the charges. That was it... he now has a card through work and we don't have to deal with it. The only debt we have is our house and we are paying it down as fast as we can... THANK YOU Dave Ramsey! (It has been such a life changing process going through his common sense program plus using YNAB for our budget that DH is seriously looking into becoming certified to be a 1 on 1 coach... we buy his books in bulk and give them away to anyone we can!)
Last edited by heritage on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homeschool mom of 4 little ones - 9, 7, 5, & 3!

Our Four Ring Farmstead journey - with not quite 20 chickens of various breeds and 7 rabbits - and maybe a "few" popples every now and then... plus some feeble attempts at gardening. Officially registered as Four Ring Rabbitry!

Pampered Chef anyone? It's for a good cause! https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/rmcoley

Post Number:#13  Unread postby Rebel.Rose.Rabbitry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:05 pm

Unfortunately, I've learned if you don't have an ER fund saved that's rather deep then a credit card is your next best bet. I keep 1 for that purpose and that's what the balance is on it now. Back in April I had multiple blood clots in both lungs pretty bad and my right calf, no work until recently. I had literally gotten the card a month before. If not for what I had in savings and the card, every thing would've had to been sold/given away to whomever came first for whatever reason...not some thing I venture to think long about but that is the end of all end backup plans unfortunately and what is written out in case some thing really bad happens (try to find reasonable homes, but you *never* can be guaranteed). The other card is a paycheck card, they refuse to do any thing else. I cannot get an EFT to my bank and I cannot get a paper check.

Very very money grubbing people we have out there ugh. I don't trust the statement. They just said that it wasn't "company" policy, that doesn't mean some one working for the company won't "leak" things etc. I am of a suspicious nature any way...let alone a known problem group endorsing that they informed etc and was delighted.... If it didn't hold some truth, why did it take MC so long for it to have a statement put out on then?

Glenville, West Virginia

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 7,890.00

Post Number:#14  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Preitler wrote:I simply don't understand what credit cards are good for, in daily life :oops: . On trips to foreign countries, ok, some advantages, but every day?

If I buy something I pay for it, that's quite simple, no one elses business. I don't need no multi billion $$$ company skimming off money at every deal, and I don't see what I would get in return for paying their profit.

I have an ATM Card, can get cash or pay with that, no need for something more fancy. Even abroad, worked fine in the US too.

don't use credit cards either--
Seed Garlic, http://www.Mountainvalleygarlic.com , https://www.facebook.com/Mountain-Valle ... 254347988/,
hard neck garlic varieties for fall planting.
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens, and too many ducks..
https://vimeo.com/176370337?ref

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 995.00

Post Number:#15  Unread postby MoonSpiritMom » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:05 am

Preitler wrote:I simply don't understand what credit cards are good for, in daily life :oops: . On trips to foreign countries, ok, some advantages, but every day?

we've become a society that is told that credit cards give you status.. that you are a no body with out a credit card in your wallet. I remember i was 15 years old when i received an application to a Mastercard in the mail. it had my legal name and address on it. how did they knew i lived there? the thing is.. i wasn't even a legal adult! so i think it was illegal for them to even offer me a credit card in the first place. i watched my parents rip it up and throw it away.

I do have a Mastercard now... got one back when i was in college and starving with a 3 year old to feed. Thats how they get most college kids there days. they set up on campuses, offering a free hat or something if they sign up.... knowing full well most of the kids attending there are living off of rice and beans or Mr. Noddles.. and haven't had a decent meal in months. It's rather sickening honestly.

I'm still paying down the Mastercard.. will be for years. but.. i'm getting there. Once it's paid off.. I will close it. and do everything with cash/debit. its the only way to go.

Credit has become our societal "Ball and Chain" You can't do anything unless you have credit. and 98% of people with credit.. owe money on their credit cards. we are litterally robbing peter to pay paul... or in this case.. many families are using credit cards to pay credit cards... its MADDNESS!
Working on my little homestead...
13 chickens, 4 muscovy ducks, 4 kids, 2 cats and 1 dog. 5 rabbits! 1 Cali/NZ doe, 1 Giant Chinchilla/Flemish Cross Doe, 2 Flem/NZ cross does, 1 Flem/NZ cross buck!