Register

It's amazing how mad people get when at your mercy...

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 3,425.00

It's amazing how mad people get when at your mercy...

Post Number:#1  Unread postby The_Dutchess » Fri May 27, 2016 7:47 am

I am trying to sell a Mini Lop breeding pair and a couple juniors on Facebook. So, this lady contacted me, says she wants one of the juniors and one of the rabbits in the breeding pair. Ok, I didn't REALLY want to do that but it's not a huge deal, i could use the cash. But she also says (for whatever reason, I don't know) that she cannot pick them up. She wants us to meet her friend at the mall. It's 30 minutes away from us and it's the busiest week we've had in months. But I say, ok, let me think about it. LESS than 24 hours later, she's like "Obviously you can't take the time to help a buyer out so I won't be buying the rabbits." I'm thinking OK LADY you are asking me for a favor, let me take the time to think about it or stop wasting my time! But I just said, "that would be best, we are very busy and can't do it."Then she's like "Oh well it just sucks when people can't keep their word with an ad or even try to accommodate a buyer." At this point I'm pretty upset as is my mother, who rarely gets mad about ANYTHING. Together we compose a post to the extent of "I am a minor and I can't drive. That means I have to rely on other people. If you aren't going to wait, that's your decision, but you won't be getting rabbits from me. We were being nice and trying to figure something out and I don't appreciate your attitude. We weren't even going to charge you for it. If you were to buy something from Kohl's you would have to pay for shipping even from just one mall to another. So if you aren't going to be satisfied with how long it takes me to do you a FAVOR, that's not my problem." She replied back with "I have raised rabbits longer than you've been alive, and you can't treat me this way." Treat you what way? I violated no Facebook rules at all. I just ignored it and didn't say anything. A few minutes later I get "You are rude and immature and I wouldn't recommend anyone buying rabbits from you." I though well if your friends are anything like you I'd appreciate them taking a wide berth around me.
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! She posted on my ad "This breeder is rude and immature. She won't accommodate the buyer at all. I would not recommend buying from her." AND THEN she private messaged the admin saying that "I tried to buy a rabbit from a breeder and she was very rude and wouldn't even try to help out a buyer. She should be banned. Her name is Joanna Schout." Well, the admin was polite and got both sides and to sum it all up, she realized that this lady was the immature one. The lady has been removed, and her comments on my post removed. But it was just a very frustrating situation I didn't need to deal with on the busiest week ever, and I just needed to vent a bit.
It just really amazes me that people feel so entitled. When I want a rabbit, I pick it up myself. If you can't pick it up yourself, you have to rely on other people. If you have to rely on other people, you better be polite. If you aren't, this is what happens.

The following user would like to thank The_Dutchess for this post
a7736100

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 907.00

Re: It's amazing how mad people get when at your mercy...

Post Number:#2  Unread postby KenoshaRabbits » Fri May 27, 2016 8:12 am

Wow, some people. Sometimes that happens, you confront a bully and they escalate. And some people take "the customer is always right" to its illogical extreme.

Hopefully your next buyer is nicer and more respectful.
Best of luck.

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 32,343.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Zass » Fri May 27, 2016 12:22 pm

I agree. A bully, just trying to get her way. People like that have turned many breeders away from selling rabbits to the public.

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
South Africa Female
BunnyBucks: 2,715.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby LittleFluffyBunnies » Fri May 27, 2016 1:40 pm

So sorry!!! What a horrible experience to go through.
Breeding pet Dwarf and Dwarf Angora rabbits. A rabbit fanatic!
LittleFluffyBunnies Rabbitry-Breeding Quality Dwarf Rabbits in South Africa
http://www.littlefluffybunnies.weebly.com
https://www.instagram.com/littlefluffybunnies/

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 990.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby AprilW » Fri May 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Ugh Sorry you had to experience this awful person. A good reply might be to tell people who get an attitude like that is you're not a pet store or business and you are in a position to not rely on sales.
OlivYew Rabbitry: Breeding and showing purebred American Chinchilla rabbits

BunnyBucks: 2,102.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Oscar » Fri May 27, 2016 2:51 pm

I had a lady treat me and my friend in that same manner when my mom was inside Papa Murphy's getting pizza! What a world! I dont curse and i almost cussed her out thats how bad she was! How old are you?

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 4,264.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Nymphadora » Fri May 27, 2016 7:20 pm

:(

Having worked in customer service type jobs for the past 6 years, I completely understand what you went through. And people can certainly take the "customer is always right" philosophy waaay too seriously. I've had people yell and curse me for not getting their extremely complicated demands all met perfectly in an unreasonable time frame, and I've had people make a fuss just to get free stuff. Unfortunately those people do exist (and my experiences with them encourage me to be my most polite when I'm out). I'm sorry you had to see such an ugly side of the consumer mindset, and I'm glad the admin heard you out and took action in your favor. I hope someone more deserving comes along for your bunnies in the future!

Post Number:#8  Unread postby The_Dutchess » Fri May 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Oscar I am 13.
Wow, guess I'm not the only one!

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 1,621.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby BlueHaven » Sat May 28, 2016 6:11 am

She almost sounds like a troll just trying to stir stuff up. She may not have had any intention of buying anything at all anyhow. You could have gotten to the mall and she would not have en shown up.

BunnyBucks: 2,102.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Oscar » Sun May 29, 2016 10:40 pm

The_Dutchess wrote:Oscar I am 13.
Wow, guess I'm not the only one!

ME TOO!!!

Post Number:#11  Unread postby The_Dutchess » Mon May 30, 2016 11:55 am

Cool!