Register

looking for a breeder in Tulare/Visalia CA area or close by:

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 30.00

looking for a breeder in Tulare/Visalia CA area or close by:

Post Number:#1  Unread postby justinecappuccio » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:29 am

I'm currently looking to purchase a bunny. I'm from the visalia/tulare CA area and I'm looking for a breeder locally or someome relatively close by. I'm also going to be attending the rabbit show on Jan 25th in Bakersfield CA

I like to purchase one of these breeds:
-mini rex
-mini lop
-angora
-netherland dwarf
-american fuzzy lop
-lionhead
-jersey wooley
-french lop

Or anything similar to those.

I'm looking for a pet. I live in an apartment and I can't have dog and rabbit is the only thing that I want as a pet. I don't plan on showing this rabbit or breeding the rabbit, so if you have a rabbit that's maybe a little bit older or isn't good for breeding or showing please let me know. You may contact me via Private Message.
Last edited by MaggieJ on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove email address to comply with forum rules.

Site Supporter
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 32,531.00

Re: looking for a breeder in Tulare/Visalia CA area or close by:

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Dood » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:56 am

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 30.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby justinecappuccio » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:33 pm

I've looked in there and I didn't seem to find anything that I liked in my area.

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,765.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby CWD » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Saturday I saw a listing on Visalia craigs list for 2 small rabbits with cage for $20.00
you will have to type in rabbits in the search bar, as they were not listed in any other section
good luck

Site Admin
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,414.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby MaggieJ » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:45 am

Justine, for the security of members we do not allow posting of personal contact information. I edited your original message and people wishing to contact you can do so by Private Message. The tab for MESSAGES is in the menu bar at the top of the home page. You will see a red arrow appear when you have a message and you should receive a notification message in your email as well. Please remember that you must log and use the MESSAGE feature to reply. Do not reply in the notification message as it will not reach the person you want to contact.
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

BunnyBucks: 5.00

Re: looking for a breeder in Tulare/Visalia CA area or close

Post Number:#6  Unread postby arzoo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks for the welcome!! what type of rabbits do you raise? We live on a small acreage and so I have lots of room for the bunns, my colonies are made up of two pens one that is 24'x8'that is my outside pen and my inside pen is 16'x8' during the the winter the I keep the rabbits in the inside pen and in the summer they can go in ether one, ever sense I switched to raising rabbits in a colony they seem to be much healthier, this year I raised are 60 butcher rabbits plus a few to keep back,
leather jackets for men leather jackets for men learn spanish learn spanish
cisco-ccna http://cisco-ccna.me my brain dumps my brain dumps

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 25.00

Re: looking for a breeder in Wisconsin

Post Number:#7  Unread postby elysheva » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi, I am looking for a Jersey Wooly breeder in Wisconsin who has a blue or lilac and is willing to sell at 6 wks. The bunny would be loved, live inside, be taken great care of, given health care and have plenty of space to play. Basically, it would be a member of the family. I have raised many pet rabbits over the years all purchased between 5 and 6 weeks and have never had a health or emotional issue with one. I find they bond with me better at that age. 20 yrs ago it was common practice to sell a rabbit at this age and I think that the love and care I could provide a bunny with should be taken into account rather than an uncompromising position on age. I recently lost my 9 yr old Holland Lop who was 5 weeks and 1 day when I purchased him. My "people" children have all left the house and with the loss of my bunny child I have a huge empty place just waiting for a new baby to love. I would greatly appreciate it if you would PM me if you are a breeder willing to take my experience and what I have to offer a bunny into account. Thanks.

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 21,202.00

Re: looking for a breeder in Wisconsin

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Marinea » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:32 pm

elysheva wrote:Hi, I am looking for a Jersey Wooly breeder in Wisconsin who has a blue or lilac and is willing to sell at 6 wks. The bunny would be loved, live inside, be taken great care of, given health care and have plenty of space to play. Basically, it would be a member of the family. I have raised many pet rabbits over the years all purchased between 5 and 6 weeks and have never had a health or emotional issue with one. I find they bond with me better at that age. 20 yrs ago it was common practice to sell a rabbit at this age and I think that the love and care I could provide a bunny with should be taken into account rather than an uncompromising position on age. I recently lost my 9 yr old Holland Lop who was 5 weeks and 1 day when I purchased him. My "people" children have all left the house and with the loss of my bunny child I have a huge empty place just waiting for a new baby to love. I would greatly appreciate it if you would PM me if you are a breeder willing to take my experience and what I have to offer a bunny into account. Thanks.

Just an FYI- Wisconsin is one of the many states where it is illegal to sell rabbits under 8 weeks of age.
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale