Register

Dutch.

A place to ask about rabbit colours and to discuss rabbit genetics -- and how to breed for the desired results.
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 0.00

Dutch.

Post Number:#1  Unread postby McIntosh Rabbitry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Ok.

If I was to breed a harlie market doe to a chocolate buck. Dose any one know what I would get?
And what if I breed a Chocolate doe to a black buck. What would I get?
Thanks for all your help.

A HOME IS NOT A HOME WITH OUT A PET.
CRYSTAL CREEK STABLES BREEDER OF SPORT HORSES.
&
McINTOSH RABBITRY BREEDERS OF MINI REX & DUTCH.

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,397.00

Re: Dutch.

Post Number:#2  Unread postby DevonW » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:52 pm

The harlequin bred to a chocolate you can expect, harlequins, blacks, possibly greys. If the harlequin carries chocolate you can expect chocolate harlequins, chocolates, chocolate agouti as well. IF they carry dilute you can also get the dilutes of those colours.

Chocolate to black, you'll get black unless the black carries chocolate you can get chocolate, but if they both carry dilute you could get blue and lilac as well.
Devon Ward - Certified Trick Dog Instructor and Pet Photographer.

Post Number:#3  Unread postby McIntosh Rabbitry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Great. I can't wait for a few more months and I can play with them to see what I will get.

&

BunnyBucks: 2,245.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Honorine » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:14 pm

These are all dutch? And your talking japanese harlequin not magpie? A black japanese that does not carry chocolate is going to give you chestnuts definitely or maybe blacks bred to a chocolate. Depends on what the harlequin carries. Harlequin is a recessive and must be expressed or carried by both rabbits to produce its self. Chocolate to black will get you all blacks unless the black carries chocolate.

Post Number:#5  Unread postby McIntosh Rabbitry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Yes they are all dutch. I just picked them up from another breeder to add some colour to my utch herd.

&