Register

OMG

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
BunnyBucks: 140.00

OMG

Post Number:#1  Unread postby ScarletAcres » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:51 am

Guys help! I was just out taking care of the rabbits when someone tries breaking into the rabbit area! I put that piece of card board up to help with the draft and plan on putting wire over the window in the morning when I have time to get to the hardware store.

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 11,796.00

Re: OMG

Post Number:#2  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:13 am

did you see who it was, or call the cops? - if they will do that- glass or wire, may not stop them.
I have had someone [likely an ARA nut] do that,
i put a big dog in the rabbit building... they left their crowbar behind, when they tried that again...

maybe a motion detector with a loud siren? [like a car alarm]
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

BunnyBucks: 140.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby ScarletAcres » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:18 am

michaels4gardens wrote:did you see who it was, or call the cops? - if they will do that- glass or wire, may not stop them.
I have had someone [likely an ARA nut] do that,
i put a big dog in the rabbit building... they left their crowbar behind, when they tried that again...

maybe a motion detector with a loud siren? [like a car alarm]

The wire isn't really to dissuade people but to keep animals out. There is a pretty persistent outdoor cat in the area that has tried getting to the rabbits multiple times before. Not to mention raccoons.

I had planned on cameras maybe it's time to invest in them sooner then planned as well.

I did not get to good of a look but they looked young and well groomed. The resident free roaming buck of the building was out and about within sight of the window. He is a rew so easily spotted in the dark building. And yes I called the cops. There have been whispers of ARA activity in the area.

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 10,202.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Homer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:21 am

If nothing else get a good "game camera" with night vision, no flash and hide it in sight range. With just a little ambient light they really can take very good pictures at night.
Previous owner of the elusive and much sought after "Get Away With It" card.

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
South Africa Female
BunnyBucks: 1,474.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby olafthebunny » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:20 am

So sorry this happened! Hope you can get it sorted out. Homer's idea for a camera would be really good if they decide to come back again!
Equestrian, Rabbit Owner, Author, Artist, Crocheter, and follower of Christ.