Register

Craigslist ads

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 769.00

Craigslist ads

Post Number:#1  Unread postby stone soup farm » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:22 pm

We have listed in the farm and garden section and sell out each time. I think this is one of the best ways to get your rabbits sold. We don't sell for show or pedigree, mostly meat breeding stock, but we have sold out from each of our ads.

Make sure to be clear on your listing what your selling, the cost, when they are ready, etc. Also check and see what others are listing so you can get an idea of a good ad and a not so good ad. This also give you an idea of your market. We have had people drive 4 hours to get our rabbits. I have driven 4 hours to get certain rabbits.

We also have a website that is listed in our ads. It adds a more personal/professional touch to the ad. People can get a look at what you have and what you are doing, which helps build confidence in your product.

Currently I hope to cover my feed cost and that will pay for my own meat, but I have seen a bit of a profit. Yay!
Small hobby farm raising Californian, American Chinchillas, and meat mutts.

www.stonesoupfarm.us

The following user would like to thank stone soup farm for this post
LookAliveSunshine

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 306.00

Re: Craigslist ads

Post Number:#2  Unread postby LookAliveSunshine » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks for posting this, I'm sure it will be helpful to others. I'm not a breeder, but have went through plenty of ads. For me a website/facebook page is huge. I like to be able to see what else is available, more pricing etc.) I feel it does add confidence, and I am more willing to spend money on a breeder I feel "closer" to.

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 21,575.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Kyle@theWintertime » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:13 pm

I like Craigslist, people who might not know how else to find a good breeder can find a rabbit that way. :)
Wintertime Rabbitry: Zwergschecken/Dwarf Papillons
Member of the American Rabbit Breeders Association, the Western Michigan Rabbit Breeders Association, the Forest City Rabbit Breeders Club, and the Michigan State Rabbit Breeders Association.

https://klawrence5995.wixsite.com/wintertime

Formerly Kyle@theHeathertoft

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,276.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby WildWolf » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks for the tips!
The Wabbit Warren- warren of wonderful wabbits.

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 1,811.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby zee » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Great tips! Thanks for sharing.