Register

Any VM's in the Iowa area?

A place for community members to buy and sell rabbits or rabbit related items. Everyone can read, but you must have 20 posts to participate. ALL buy/sell/trade threads must be posted here.
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 1,402.00

Any VM's in the Iowa area?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Maleficent » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:40 am

I'm looking for a Vienna marked lop rabbit, doesn't have to be purebred but has to be roughly around Holland or smaller mini lop size. The reason for this is because the doe I plan on breeding the rabbit to (meat mutt program) is roughly 6lbs. The doe is vm chestnut with harlequin, chin, and possibly chocolate in her ancestry.

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 35,965.00

Re: Any VM's in the Iowa area?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby akane » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:52 pm

I don't do lops but there are a ton of breeders in Iowa. It's just hard to find them advertising because it's practically the only thing pet stores buy and they have contracts to only buy from certain lop breeders and take everything they produce.

You'd be better off asking around the shows if anyone has VM or BEW cull/pet quality. You missed the amana show that gets a wide variety of people but both mini lop lovers and the holland lop group do a combined show on the 30th in or near webster city. They don't have it's exact location listed online. You can email one of the people running the mini lop lovers club about the show or possibly just for breeder info at AKWOEHLMINILOPS@GMAIL.COM and the email posted online for the holland club's half of the show is ANDI_WOLFE@YAHOO.COM .
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
Failing might just mean you are trying to climb instead of swim https://youtu.be/evathYHc1Fg