Register

Mini Satins

Discussion of specific breeds, breed standards and selection criteria for purebreds.
1 year of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 680.00

Mini Satins

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Harelady » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:10 pm

I have been considering getting a few rabbits of a common breed so I don't show against myself all the time. I rarely have competition with my rare breeds. Anyway I have an opportunity to get some decent Mini Satins for dirt cheap. I not super familiar with the breed but they fit my criteria. So we will see if I like them since I have heard there nickname is mini Satan's. Getting two doe's and the kits that one of them has. I know of a good judge that has the breed that I could get a buck from if I decide they are for me.

Anyone raise them have any advice or knowledge they like to share?

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 3,336.00

Re: Mini Satins

Post Number:#2  Unread postby SableSteel » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:53 pm

They are pretty mean lol I had them, my brother used one for showmanship and it would lunge down to try to attack him every time he reached down to grab it, growling the entirety of the show. They're a dwarf breed, too, so you've got to watch out for peanuts & false dwarfs. They're a nice little breed to look at, one of my favorite dwarf breeds.
Show Breeder & ARBA Registrar

BunnyBucks: 681.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby sunrise » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:13 pm

I raised them for quite awhile, small size, beautiful fur, but they don't call them mini satans for nothing!

United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 135.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby account1113 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:36 am

sunrise wrote:I raised them for quite awhile, small size, beautiful fur, but they don't call them mini satans for nothing!

This is the truth. I bought a mini satin (thought she was a regular baby satin) and man is she mean!

1 year of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 3,653.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby SarniaTricia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 am

Well crap!
I found a lovely Mini Satin Buck and my step daughter was looking into breeding them.... :shock:
The buck is really lovely!!
Finding a doe with the lovely temperament sounds like it might be a bit harder than I thought!
Breeding Magpie Harlequin Rabbits for Showing, Meat and Pelts...
Working towards a farm to raise animals with respect and care.
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

https://www.facebook.com/BABRabbits/
https://www.facebook.com/Growing-Urban- ... 749253819/
https://www.facebook.com/AmherstburgFarmersMarket/

1 year of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 680.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Harelady » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:38 am

Well I got three from a lady that is needed to get find homes for all her rabbits real quick. The buck is really nice and very sweet and the does have good temperaments as well. I may not keep either doe. They are nice but are not quite what I am looking for. My friend who raises them told me the whites have the most problems with temperament. She doesn't have much problems with the varieties she raises. I am getting a very nice doe at Convention from her. So hopefully I won't have much problems with temperament. I have no tolerance for mean rabbits.

BunnyBucks: 681.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby sunrise » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:52 am

Congrats! If you breed for temperament along with type they're not too bad. I ended up after a couple years not having any mean rabbits, I just won't put up with that. On the whole, just not the friendliest of breeds. I had one herd buck that was very sweet and friendly. Beautiful though, and I had a great experience overall with them.