Register

Beverens??

Discussion of specific breeds, breed standards and selection criteria for purebreds.
Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 4,837.00

Beverens??

Post Number:#1  Unread postby faiththequeen » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:55 pm

So in our search for a new breed to raise, breed, and show, Beverens have peaked my interest. But they are so rare in our area. Anyone have any experience with them? Care? Temperament? Mothering?
TIA!!! :D
Faith the Queen :king:

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 4,143.00

Re: Beverens??

Post Number:#2  Unread postby SableSteel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:28 pm

They are very rare, not just in your area. They are an old breed of rabbit; a hardy, heritage breed. They aren't quite as good for meat (not bad, but thicker fur and bone than others) and most the people that have them raise them for show. I would advise against crossing the colors. They don't really have any special care problems, and are pretty good mothers from what I've heard. They're supposed to have a good temperament and most that I've seen do have a calm temperament, but I've also met a few nasty ones out there, not really any in between, so I'd check on that.
https://www.conkberry.com/archive/2017/ ... en-rabbits
Show Breeder & ARBA Judge

The following user would like to thank SableSteel for this post
faiththequeen

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 7,522.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby PSFAngoras » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:02 pm

They are VERY hard to find. I know of only one person around me that has them. Beautiful rabbits though.
Postage Stamp Farm Rabbitry
*Breeding German Angoras and hybrids*

The following user would like to thank PSFAngoras for this post
faiththequeen

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,837.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby faiththequeen » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Thank you so much for the article! If we decide on Beverens, I'm afraid it'll be quite an expensive adventure trying to get a trio here. :shock:
Faith the Queen :king:

1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 1,667.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:27 pm

If you are looking for Beverens you might want to try Trickster Hares Farm. She is in California, but has been sending Beverens all over the country!
I raise Beverens and love them! They grow really well as meat rabbits, but because they are mandolin type you get less leg meat and longer loin. As far as personality goes, mine are super friendly, they will even follow me around the rabbitry! They are active though, so they are not a big fan of being cuddled or held for long periods of time. They are also great mothers!
Ozarkansas Rabbits and Cavies
Raising quality purebred Beveren, Dutch, English Spot, Holland Lop, and Tan rabbits. As well as White Crested cavies. Primarily for show in NW Arkansas.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com

The following user would like to thank Ozarkansas for this post
faiththequeen