Register

Can Angora do the colony thing?

Keeping rabbits for their wool and methods of using it.
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,975.00

Can Angora do the colony thing?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby GBov » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:26 pm

The houses we are looking at for the move mostly have stone sheds in courtyards and I was thinking of splitting the shed into two sections for two does and a buck to travel between the girls. BUT with a stone floor I was going to do deep wood shavings and then though, hang about, ANGORA!!! :roll:

So can they go onto deep shavings or must they stay on wire?

I know the FA we had before was fine with hay, it hardly ever got caught in her fur but she might have been a one off. She did felt up though so she is perhaps not a roll model for a repeat rabbit. :lol:

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 32,726.00

Re: Can Angora do the colony thing?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby ladysown » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:14 pm

depends on the type of angora and the fur they have from what I have heard.
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Site Admin
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 55,483.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:03 pm

Anntann's early posts were often about her French Angora indoor colony. She had a "rabbit room" and, if memory serves me, she had them on shavings. You'll need to go to her profile and check out posts for 2009-2011 or thereabouts. But you can rely on the information she posted. :)

member/Anntann/

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,975.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby GBov » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:50 pm

MaggieJ wrote:Anntann's early posts were often about her French Angora indoor colony. She had a "rabbit room" and, if memory serves me, she had them on shavings. You'll need to go to her profile and check out posts for 2009-2011 or thereabouts. But you can rely on the information she posted. :)

member/Anntann/

Thanks Maggie! :D

Yep, they were on shavings!