Very proud of myself right now

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maleficent

Reaction score
I processed myself my first rabbit all on my own, including the culling, skinning, and gutting. All without any major screw ups. The rabbit I did was my nasty tempered blue dutch doe who liked to lunge at me for no reason and almost drew blood on more then one occasion. She was also a willing breeder but never produced kits during the time I had her.

While cleaning her out I did come across a curious mass in her uterus, hard as a rock and about as big as a fetal kit at the grape sized stage. Rest of her uterus looked healthy though I could not find her ovaries. It's possible I missed them in the large amounts of fat that was in her body. Either way I think she had been sterilized by that lump in one of her uterine horns plus going god knows how long since her last litter before coming into my hands.

I'm not torn up about processing her either, she was free and a down right bad tempered doe. Liver and kidneys were healthy as well. I had helpers throughout the process as well, lol, the cats kept begging so I sliced some belly meat stripes for them to placate them and keep them off the counter while I worked

glad it went well. Not sure what that was in the uterus though, maybe a badly reabsorbed kit?. Dont spoil the cats too much or theyll never leave you alone when processing since they'll expect treats.

I had a doe I processed with something that sounds similar to what you found! My assumption was that it was a mummified kit, that maybe it was causing her some kind of discomfort or pain which made her so nasty. She would never carry a litter to term for me either. I could be wrong. Who knows. It was years ago.

Congrats on a job well done!

Back