Velveteen lops, Mucky and kits video.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zass

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I entered their pen and took a little video. And...then I uploaded it to one of my kid's youtube accounts. :D

I just wanted to share a little bit of the experience.

They are all being pretty mellow here. Mucky herself is in "I want petting trance mode".

Little Igor is grooming her ear. He's getting more and more fuzz back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKhzBUk ... e=youtu.be

Very cute! I am picking up my first vlops at convention. I hope mine are as mellow as yours!

ilovehome":29ahkqjn said:
Very cute! I am picking up my first vlops at convention. I hope mine are as mellow as yours!

So far...every single on I've met has been. I think you have some good chances to get nice bunnies with this breed.

I might complain about my buck growing larger than he should have, but...his personality is stellar, and the personality is what I love so much about them. The rest can come slowly, so long as they remain a delight to work with.

Those are some adorable kits, but dang those are some long ears on them.

Mucky's ears are too short for show, and her type favors mini rex over e-lop. The buck favors e-lop type, and has ears to spare. His head shape is more correct for a velveteen, and his coat density is better.

Her hindquarter is, however, nicer than his, and her size is within show limits, whereas he is two full lbs over-sized.

image.php

This breed does not look cute in it's show pose, and unfortunately, most pictures online are of them posed.

So cute! That black one looks like it wants to jump right up in your lap. And Mucky looks like a cat getting petted, she seems so content. :cat-rub:

cmfarm":1uz6ti7y said:
So cute! That black one looks like it wants to jump right up in your lap. And Mucky looks like a cat getting petted, she seems so content. :cat-rub:

Now that they are a bit bigger, I couldn't KEEP those bunnies out of my lap.

image.php

Well, Mucky is a lap bunny too, so I guess it's to be expected. She will sit on my lap for hours when I'm at the computer. She just gives me a few licks to let me know she's still there if I stop stroking her.
Actually, Mucky is one of the only rabbits I've had that will actually ask to be picked up. She never seems to want held when she has a litter, but she will still climb into my lap on her own if I sit with her.

I've discovered another kit that completely rejects pellets. :eek: He will eat hay, oats, boss, greens and such, and will go into GI stasis if not offered those foods. It started around the same age as the last one, 5 weeks.

He became quite thin before I figured out what I needed to do in order to get him to eat enough. This is the second such kit in two litters. It's a good thing Mucky nurses up to 8+ weeks and has a good milk supply. She keeps those babies alive until I discover the condition.

These gi problem kits have been unique in the context that fruits and greens never seem to cause them problems. :?
I can let them munch apple until they are full, and they do not get diahrea from it. :shock: It's quite the opposite from how I am accustomed to raising kits. Still, I don't see them as potential brood stock.

I did add another buck to the operation. I like the way this guy is put together a lot better than the one with oversized ears. He also has a fabulous personality. He's over a year old, proven, I've seen his kits. He seems to know his way around a doe pretty well. He was kept on wire, and his foot fur is excellent.
And...he doesn't throw curly kits.

His coat is a bit more coarse, and the orange has smut, the ears form just a bit of a crown...but I consider those details less important than overall type and temperament, and most importantly, health.
AND he's nice and small. Finally, a buck I can breed back to!

Attachments

• GEDC0898.JPG
    GEDC0898.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 227
Back