Register

Using a Rabbit Wringer, Hopper Popper, etc

Discussion of all aspects of rabbits as meat animals. If this subject is offensive to you, please do not visit.
2 years of membership2 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 150.00

Re: Using a Rabbit Wringer

Post Number:#76  Unread postby dmirza » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:01 am

does anybody have plans for a simple diy ringer that doesn't need welding?

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 31,400.00

Post Number:#77  Unread postby OneAcreFarm » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:53 am

Trufflelady wrote:There is a new, less expensive cervical dislocator called a Hopper Popper. The less expensive one costs around $40 and the stainless steel one cost $50.... and it comes with a skinning/butchering station. I purchased one and they are well constructed, and it shipped right away. The Rabbit Wringer tends to have a backlog, last time I checked.

http://theurbanrabbitproject.com/shop/

P.S. 10/4/14 - I have no financial interest in this device. I thought we were talking about dispatching rabbits via a cervical dislocation method like the rabbit wringer since, in this thread, I've seen talk of the broomstick method, homemade welded and wooden wringers, etc. I thought that was the topic, and not an ad for a name brand product. I was just trying to share information like others have shared with me over the years... something I have always appreciated about rabbit owners. I apologize if I broke a rule of offended anyone. :|

This wasn't an ad, it was created BEFORE there was a Hopper Popper, and I was demonstrating the use of the Wringer, since it was the only one available. Yes, the Hopper Popper is less expensive and works just as well, I have both actually! :)

http://www.oneacrefarmrabbits.com
~A micro-attempt at self-sufficiency~

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 10.00

Post Number:#78  Unread postby Tammy Norton » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 am

I ordered the wringer and 6 months later still didn't get it they had a huge list it takes awhile to get then i ordered the hopper popper Simalar but cheaper and easier to use then the wringer my friend had . I had to get something my babies where getting to turn into Stew and these are cheaper

http://theurbanrabbitproject.com/shop/stainless-hopper-popper-combo-us-delivery/
When you breed ,Breed for Health,Longevity,love and a new family friend .
Above all Breed for the breed not for the worthless Greenbacks.
http://sites.google.com/site/oceanspritepixiebobs/

BunnyBucks: 86.00

Post Number:#79  Unread postby Salpizz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:15 am

Tammy, I'm sorry, but it has NEVER taken more than 12 weeks at the longest. Rabbit Wringer is shipping 3-5 weeks (as stated in the description of the product in the PayPal shopping cart). You said theirs is easier. I cannot see how that can be. Ours is bigger, and adjustable, also the inline design of the rod and shelf makes it even smoother. Our new diy kit will be ready soon, maybe a week or two. Tooling took longer than expected. It will do rabbits and poultry.
Last edited by Salpizz on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 30,958.00

Post Number:#80  Unread postby Zass » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Salpizz wrote: Our new diy kit will be ready soon, maybe a week or two. Tooling took longer than expected. It will do rabbits and poultry.

I've been wondering about that kit. Could it do very small poultry as well, like say...quail?

Post Number:#81  Unread postby Salpizz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:44 am

Zass, Yep it should since the smallest part of the opening is 3/8". Does pigeons just fine. We also have the Poultry Wringer which is specifically for chickens, ducks and smaller bird. I am redesigning it and it will look like the current full size Wringer, just smaller.

BunnyBucks: 145.00

Re: Using a Rabbit Wringer, Hopper Popper, etc

Post Number:#82  Unread postby esaudio » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:39 am

Hi guys,
I just found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-UCckkjQec

It seems pretty good for the job. Any ideas?
What do you think?

Re: Using a Rabbit Wringer, Hopper Popper, etc

Post Number:#83  Unread postby Salpizz » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:10 am

That DIY kit has been available for months. It's on our RabbitWringer website and on eBay with one of our new E-Z Skinners (Skinning Gambrel)..The Gambrel is only available on our eBay account at this time.

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 530.00

Post Number:#84  Unread postby SEP board » Sun May 01, 2016 11:16 am

Trufflelady wrote:There is a new, less expensive cervical dislocator called a Hopper Popper. The less expensive one costs around $40 and the stainless steel one cost $50.... and it comes with a skinning/butchering station. I purchased one and they are well constructed, and it shipped right away. The Rabbit Wringer tends to have a backlog, last time I checked.

http://theurbanrabbitproject.com/shop/

Thank you for the link. I followed it and took a look. I noticed that Bare Nekkid Hopper Popper Combo for only $25. I see it needs to be painted, but other than that is there any real difference between it and the more expensive versions?

Previous