Unsure Buck?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So I have this buck named Sailor I believe you guys told me he was a Steel? But he wasn't successfully completing the task. By that I mean he would go and go and go but never finish.. I've watched him before and he never would pop off... So for the past 2 days *Today being day 3* I've put him with one of my broody does.. She's been lifting and he's been going and finally yesterday for the very first time he popped... I'm gonna put her in with him again today and see if he will do it again/more? I'm not sure as to why he wasn't finishing before but I personally think he might've been inexperienced.. But I don't know. Any advice on whether what I'm doing is right or wrong or whatever would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, they sometimes need some time to figure it out. I would say completly normal.

Imho what you have to watch out for is that the doesn't take over and tries to dominate the buck (biting, humping etc.), that can make an unsure young buck difficult to breed in the future.

He's not young >3< He is at least 2 I'd say... I just don't think he had a good experience with the other doe he had been put with before *Before I got him* I've been keeping an eye on them making sure she doesn't try to mount him. This is him :3
Sailor 1.jpg

Back