unexpected litter....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a couple of grow-out pens and the grow-outs are sometimes mixed sexes, but don't stick around longer than 16 weeks.....

Today, during chores I catch a doe pulling fur off her cage mates and trying to hay stash... she's been moved to a solo pen with a nest box ... she's only 13 weeks old!!!
I'm hoping she has a false pregnancy... but, not my luck when I am trying to get rid of my meat line and focus on Harlequins... :lol: :lol:

:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

There is a reason they say.... breeds like rabbits...

i butchered my older growouts that were around 16 weeks old a couple weeks ago and found what i'm pretty sure was implantation points in the does...sigh. i had two of my keepers in that pen while waiting for their cages to come in and now i probably am in the same boat :T at least almost all the rabbits in the pen carried harlequin so i'll end up with beautiful babies if they have been bred lol

shazza":1lfuysaq said:
i butchered my older growouts that were around 16 weeks old a couple weeks ago and found what i'm pretty sure was implantation points in the does...sigh. i had two of my keepers in that pen while waiting for their cages to come in and now i probably am in the same boat :T at least almost all the rabbits in the pen carried harlequin so i'll end up with beautiful babies if they have been bred lol

LOL.... at least this group only had the one buck in it, so I can track who the daddy is....
If I get a mess of show marked Magpie Harlequins, it might just save him from the butcher block...lol :lol: I'll know soon...
she was so funny, trying to pull fur from every rabbit that would stay still for a minute .... lol...
:shock: The looks she was getting from the other rabbits was funny... the little nest she was making in the back corner, not so much..
you could tell she had more of a nest made, but the other rabbits were stealing her hay and eating it, so all she had was a pile of fur....

I might have to stop on my way home from work to see how she is doing.. :D I get fussy as a mother hen when I'm expecting popples...lol

haha, well, not sure how your adventure is going, but one of the two does i had in the colony pen is haystashing today. now i really have an eye on the second, though so far she doesn't seem interested in the fistful of hay i tossed in her cage.

sigh. rabbits really know how to throw a screw ball into the game don't they

Latest posts

Back