Typical Rabbit Math

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wamplercathy

Reaction score
Ok. I have a huge question....

NZW + NZW/Cal = Grey kits :?:

I have Cream of Tartar and she is New Zealand White. Then I have Cumin and he is New Zealand White x Californian.
Now they have had 3 litters so far and all kits have been either REW or Cal coloring. This time around all seemed the same till fur came in and I saw that 2 of the kits are a strange grey-ish color. At first I thought something was wrong. :x But it's just their coat color. It is slowly getting darker too. :? :shock: :shock: :shock:

First Kindled:
Tartar's litter.jpg

3 weeks later:
Cream of Tartar's 3wk old kits (1).jpg
Cream of Tartar's 3wk old kits.jpg
Just noticed I grabbed the runt. :oops:

Anyways........ :? How in the world does this work? If anyone has a theory I would love to hear it.

They just got a little cool when they were babies. The himi color is temperature sensitive. So, when kits get a bit cool, their hair comes in darker. It will molt out when they are older.

It's pretty though isn't it?

Really. :shock: :? I knew my boys points get darker the cooler it gets and lighter when it gets warmer. :shock: :? :?

Rabbits are interesting little buggers. :x :lol: :lol: :lol: Always keeping me on my toes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wamplercathy":43h9svdb said:
Rabbits are interesting little buggers. :x :lol: :lol: :lol: Always keeping me on my toes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I second that! It seems every time we think we've got them figured out, they throw a monkey wrench into our plans. :roll:

On the other hand, at least you've got two very beautiful little bunnies out of it. :) Congratulations on the new litter!

wamplercathy":35rtopkf said:
:( They are already changing back to white.

in that case it might just been chilled Himis. I had a JW so chilled People thought it was a siamese sable in the pictures.

Latest posts

Back