Trying to figure this one.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Two kits
1. has mucoid entretis caused by cold wind. I took down the tarps on a warm day that I didn't know it was supposed to be freezing that night. I think I will lose this guy.

2. his brother....kept with number 1 for company.... he is eating and drinking, but not pooping. Not sloshy sounding at all.

THAT is the kit that I can't figure.

ANY thoughts on what I can try with him?

You don't give their ages, Ladysown, but I am assuming they are fully weaned and in the 6 - 12 week stage. I'd give the one that isn't pooping some greens and hope it kick-starts things. Lots of grass hay too. Don't know how the weeds and grasses are doing up your way, but I am beginning to be able to find small amounts of clover, timothy, dandelions etc. Maybe Jack will share with the little one.

The one with enteritis could certainly have some strawberry leaves if you can find a few... they are almost evergreen. If you have any dried plantain, raspberry, strawberry or blackberry leaves, shepherd's purse etc. they would be excellent. Willow twigs would not hurt and may make him more comfortable.

Latest posts

Back