Trying to estimate feeding costs for herd share estimates

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LASGSD

Reaction score
So I was turned onto the idea of herd sharing and I think it's going to work out quite well for me! I just need to work up the costs and pricing.

Can everyone tell me the amounts of grains and hay you use for your rabbits? I don't need a 'per rabbit' breakdown - just how many rabbits you are feeding and how much (and what) you go through (per week, month, etc.). I'm just looking for estimates at this point.

I have started a list of local grain dealers and places to buy alfalfa hay. I am also looking into either finding a local source of willow and mulberry or planting some of my own. :) I also have 3 acres worth of dandelions to harvest and access to several more acres right next door (all of which is UNtreated).

I'm also working on a list of things I need to get the colony set up - netting, maybe some fencing, hay bales, etc. I want to be sure to figure that into my 'boarding' fees for the rabbits.

If anyone has ever been involved in a herd share and can think of something I'm missing - please let me know!! This is all a learning experience for me!!

I have to calculate the boarding fee based on several things - one being feed costs. :)

Latest posts

Back