Trance or Enjoyment?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lexi escaped from the yard today and I located her in the neighbor's yard munching on fallen birdseed. I had to toss my coat on her in order to grab her and bundled her up for the short trip home. I stopped to talk to my very kind neighbor who assisted in spotting Lexi in her yard and asked if she'd like to pet the rabbit, etc.

While bundled up in my coat with just her head peeking out, Lexi went into a drowsy? mode. Her nose was on slow "bip" rate and her eyes half closed, even more so when we started to pet her. It looked almost like she was trancing??

I had her securely bundled and she wasn't struggling or trying to get away (like she usually does) and I wonder if she was secretly enjoying herself? Opinions? She doesn't enjoy being picked up but being pet a bit is alright with her and she has a very nice personality. Thoughts?

Two of my does and my buck will put their heads down and close their eyes and just enjoy the petting when I scratch them on the forehead and around the base of their ears. The doors on my hutches fold downward and out when I open them. The buck will get half way on the open door for me to pet and scratch him. :lol:

Back