Took Lyndseyrk's Tip about Dog Crates

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss M

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Shaygetz was going to build a new cage for Thumper so we could give Pearl the whole hutch. I did a keyword search here for cage advice, and then did one at HT. I found Lyndsey's post on March 4th about dog crates on Amazon:

http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=343870&highlight=cage

So we bought one. Shaygetz just put a floor in it today, and I moved Thumper over. He seems to like his new pad pretty well. I took the divider out of the hutch (now 42x30), and the kits are in HEAVEN! I've seen so many baby binkies today, I'm thinking of marketing it as a renewable energy source! :p

Thanks for the heads-up, Lyndsey! I don't usually go to HT anymore, but I'm glad I did that day!

I know there are coons where we are moving, so we'll have to do something about the wire not really being sufficient for protection against predators.

Cool! I would have loved to jump on that deal, but didn't have any spare cash at the time.

That sounds great! I would love to see pictures of these dog crate set-ups if anyone has any. I have several old crates in storage and now it has me thinking..

Thanks!

Lauren

trinityoaks":3n58pc3f said:
Cool! I would have loved to jump on that deal, but didn't have any spare cash at the time.

I was about to say it was still on, but I looked first, and they're back up to almost $50... I bought at $38.something . :(

Can't say it's much to see, Lauren, but I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow. Thumper seems happy. It has the same floor area as his space in the hutch, but the ceiling doesn't slope down. He's got a litter box, a wooden house he uses as a perch, his food, water, and a hay ball in there. I need to line the tray in case he continues to overshoot the litter box like he has sometimes. It's sitting on top of my solar oven, which I still need to break in. :roll:

Back