tips and ideas

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
I am cooking rabbit for my family for sunday dinner i want to cook the rabbit all day saturday and then debone it and make a crockpot stew to simmer while we are at church can i just boil the rabbit on the stove or just let it cook most of saturday in the crockpot?

You can use either stove or crockpot to cook the rabbit ahead of time. But don't boil it... simmer it very gently so it barely bubbles. I like to use apple juice for part of the liquid. I use a bay leaf or two, some herbs and some black pepper and allspice for seasonings.

Is that[/] what I've been doing wrong all this time??? I boil the bejeezus out of it. Could this be why I don't like the texture?

Hard boiling can ruin any meat, Paula. which is one reason so many people love their crockpots.

If you're using the stove, put your meat, liquid and seasonings in a large pot and bring it just to the boil... then turn it down to simmer and put a lid on. Check it a time or two to regulate the heat... It should just bubble very gently.

I think you'll be pleased with the flavour and texture. Do try adding a cup or so of apple juice as part of the liquid. It really adds a nice touch.

These tips are awesome and very helpful for every users of the rabbits. Too much good and very useful, I like to appreciate you for sharing such a good tips and tricks with us, good to share.

There are two points to remember when cooking Rabbit:First, like all game meat, Rabbit is best cooked in a liquid. Yes, you can certainly grill Rabbit if you first brush it well with cooking oil and you can Barbecue Rabbit the same way, If oven-roasting, coat the meat with oil and then wrap in foil, However, Rabbit will be really at its most tender if you cover it, or keep spooning it, with liquid - stock, sauces, marinades etc - while it is cooking. "Slow Cookers" are an ideal way of producing a really tasty, tender meal.Second, if you want to cook it in a microwave, we suggest you carefully follow the method used in the "Rabbit in Tomato Sauce recipe", detailed in our Simple Recipes section, Many types of meat are difficult to cook satisfactorily in a microwave and for success with Rabbit please follow the guidelines shown!

Latest posts

Back