What would you do?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AShelBunny

Reaction score
In the picture I circled red this is where I found a spotted liver in the rabbit. But the blue circle the liver was healthy.

Would you treat those two rabbits back there?

30 feet away I have a second "batch" of rabbit hutches. That's where that lung is from. What would you do for those rabbits? Snuffles?

I culled to eat. No longer interested in breeding this breed. No symptoms. They're marinading now. But I wasn't sure if that was cocci or fat tissue.

Was the lung spotting because I failed to fully dislocate his head? He breathed in and tried to scream I didn't pull hard enough.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-02-14-11-38-31-523~2.jpg
    IMG_2024-02-14-11-38-31-523~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2024-02-13-16-28-03-843.jpg
    IMG_2024-02-13-16-28-03-843.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2024-02-13-16-23-43-895.jpg
    IMG_2024-02-13-16-23-43-895.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2024-02-13-16-24-01-863.jpg
    IMG_2024-02-13-16-24-01-863.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2024-02-13-11-01-30-978.jpg
    IMG_2024-02-13-11-01-30-978.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2024-02-13-14-54-35-447.jpg
    IMG_2024-02-13-14-54-35-447.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
In the picture I circled red this is where I found a spotted liver in the rabbit. But the blue circle the liver was healthy.

Would you treat those two rabbits back there?

30 feet away I have a second "batch" of rabbit hutches. That's where that lung is from. What would you do for those rabbits? Snuffles?

I culled to eat. No longer interested in breeding this breed. No symptoms. They're marinading now. But I wasn't sure if that was cocci or fat tissue.

Was the lung spotting because I failed to fully dislocate his head? He breathed in and tried to scream I didn't pull hard enough.
The first photo of the yellow spots on the liver looks suspiciously like hepatic coccidiosis to me, but the others not so much. In my experience, the lesions are not rounded up above the surface of the liver. I don't know what that dark spot is on the second photo, I've never seen that in my rabbits. If rabbits have hepatic coccidiosis, you can eat the meat, just don't eat the liver.

I wouldn't worry too much about treating the other rabbits, as cocci aren't generally airborne-spread; it's usually more a matter of living in and ingesting contaminated feed or bedding.

The lung photo looks like what happens when the lungs get suffused with blood after dispatch. I'd especially suspect that was the case if dispatch didn't go smoothly (unless you're seeing/hearing other symptoms of snuffles).

What breed are they?

The first photo of the yellow spots on the liver looks suspiciously like hepatic coccidiosis to me, but the others not so much. I don't know what that dark spot is on the second photo, I've never seen that in my rabbits. If rabbits have hepatic coccidiosis, you can eat the meat, just don't eat the liver.

I wouldn't worry too much about treating the other rabbits, as cocci aren't generally airborne-spread; it's usually more a matter of living in and ingesting contaminated feed or bedding.

The lung photo looks like what happens when the lungs get suffused with blood after dispatch. I'd especially suspect that was the case if dispatch didn't go smoothly (unless you're seeing/hearing other symptoms of snuffles).

What breed are they?
Mini dutch

Ok. I'll just clean the cage

oh, looks like you got a good answer from CJ. CJ is very knowledgeable.
Yes! So that it's here for future reference. He said it was hemorrhage and not contagious.

He says also to be pretty strict and treat and burn everything and every one.

Luckily I had my rabbits quarantined. Because the two in the back and the ones in this cage were my original. So just those two are really at risk for exposure. I just bought all the others and had them in quarantine.

Latest posts

Back