What fabric does Angora fluff not stick to?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eco2pia

Staff member
Reaction score
Basically just wondering if anyone has found some kind of smock/apron fabric for grooming angoras that does not leave you looking like a q-tip when you are done. I bought a hair cutting smock that I thought would work great, but the fabric was not slickery enough, and literally every piece of loose fluff ends up stuck to me.

I'm thinking I probably need a light rayon satin or something like that? Maximum slippery! Let me know if you have found anything that works great!

Actually, I've gone back to my usual heavy cotton aprons. When I'm done grooming, I either take a damp rag or just dampen my hand and run it down the fabric--removes the angora like magic. I've even tried vinyl coated aprons, but I groom with the bunny sitting on my lap, and that didn't provide good traction. The old 'damp hand' trick seems to work the best for me.

I've even tried vinyl coated aprons, but I groom with the bunny sitting on my lap, and that didn't provide good traction.
Me too. I actually wear flannel pants to achieve good traction. Then when I'm done, I just brush myself with a cat brush, and sometimes the retired veggie scrubbers end up in the barn. I use those as well. T-shirts seem to work on top. I brush them too.

Pretty much the same here, too. There's a wire toothed dog slicker brush which cleans the bunny fluff off after a grooming session. There is a grooming apron which generally stays pretty fluffy although that gets brushed off occasionally.

I groom on a counter height table which keeps them out of the range of the doggo's snoopy snoot. I want something that I can throw on over whatever I wear, so I will probably just make a smock out of an old sheet or something, then. I guess it is better that it stick than fly all over, I will just put cuffs on it so that it stops coating the inside of the sleeves! Sometimes it feels like the sleeves on my outfit just work like fluff scoops!

I wear heavy satin grad dresses, groom with the bun on my lap.
One fabric to avoid like the plague is the Lululemon pants: the only way to get fur off of them is to wash the pants, and pick off the felted balls of fur with your fingers-- One. By. One. Not fun. Also avoid washing aforementioned pants in the same laundry load as a fur covered item.

I have discovered that wool sweaters are also a very poor idea...possibly this should be obvious, but the aforementioned sleeve scoops coupled with my wool heavy wardrobe lead to this unfortunate discovery.

I like the grad robes!! that is brilliant and thriftable! Thank you @Robochelle!

The wet fur kinda simulates 'microfiber' type cloths. I made a wash cloth out of bunny yarn and it has a weird feel to it when using it. The fine fibers sorta grab/glide on the skin. There was only one washcloth made, it was sorta an odd result although with experimental knitting one can't know the end result until after the experiment.

Latest posts

Back