Meat Rabbit Diet

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to feed both Pro and Gro and I always had good results. I did find that the does on kits did just fine with the Pro, so I stopped paying the extra for the Gro. If a doe is looking rough while feeding bunnies, I just add some BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds) to give her more fat. Our rabbits don't seem to actually need the extra protein.

The only reason I stopped feeding Manna Pro is that when shipping became astronomical it went to $38/bag, and it wasn't reliably on the shelves. Changing feed brands around can really throw a wrench into rabbits' guts. So now I use a pellet made locally. I'd be happy to use Manna Pro again, though, if things changed.

Manna Pro also makes an affordable rabbit pellet called Small World that you can find in stores like WalMart. It seems to be good quality as well; I used it when I couldn't find Manna Pro. But it only comes in 10 lb and 25lb bags, so not really convenient for me (we go through 50lb bags fast enough).

:ROFLMAO:
Manna Pro is a feed company that makes all sorts of animal feeds. Their rabbit pellets come in Pro, Gro and Sho, with varying amounts of fat and protein. They also make a product called Calf Manna that many rabbit breeders use as a supplement. (I have used it that way, but have found BOSS to be just as effective and a lot cheaper.)
Thank you for your input. I bought 2bags of Manna Gro for my Mamas with kits and to feed weanlings for $21.99 per 50# bag and shipped FREE from Petco. I was not able to have the Manno Pro shipped free at $20.99 per 50# bag. I will keep ordering from Petco at that price.

Thank you for your input. I bought 2bags of Manna Gro for my Mamas with kits and to feed weanlings for $21.99 per 50# bag and shipped FREE from Petco. I was not able to have the Manno Pro shipped free at $20.99 per 50# bag. I will keep ordering from Petco at that price.
I just checked Petco again and I can get the Manna Pro shipped FREE if I spend $35. So order at least 2bags and get the free shipping. Good deal.

grow outs, pregnant and lactating does get unimited pellet. Other buns get 1 cup a day. All rabbits get unlimited free choice top quality mixed grass goat/horse hay at all times, even in tractors. Not a lot of alfalfa grows around here so none in it. Skinny buns get a pinch of old fashioned oats every other day. Rabbits that are not pregnant or with babies are in tractors spring through fall when there is grass. Moms skip grass until babies are 4 weeks old then just a little so babies get used to it before they are weaned and moved to tractors. The lowest protein food I can get here is purina rabbit pellets at 16%, wish I could find better quality but its a small town. Its also quite dear for bare minimum quality food.

Back