Looking for rabit meat market

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antony Maina

Reaction score
Hello guys I do rabit farming for meat, however it's quite challenging to find rabit market here in Africa. Any idea or external market I'd greatly appreciate

I am sorry to say that in the US there is very little rabbit meat market for humans. Rabbits are "too cute" for a lot of people to be comfortable with eating and Americans love pets. That said, we have a reasonably decent sized market for pet food for rabbit meat, because people who keep dogs or large snakes as pets want their pet-babies to get the very best food, and are willing to pay for it.

I don't know a lot about markets in Africa, I suspect they are going to be different, with different cultural traditions around eating rabbit meat. I am using it to illustrate a way to be creative to find a local market--If people love pets, and won't eat rabbits because they are cute, market rabbit meat as food for special pets.

Other ways that have been used to create a market here for various foods have been to create a perception of specialness about the food--it is gourmet, rare, or especially healthy--and then market to the groups that care about that, such as restaurants, athletes, or the bored and wealthy. Think about why people won't eat rabbit, and how to get around that, and then get someone influential to endorse your product, perhaps by giving them a free sample so that they can see how amazing it is.

Latest posts

Back