It's almost SPRING!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Only 3 months away! :bananadance2:

More daylight every day now, and seed catalogs arriving daily along with the poultry catalogs. :clap:

I'll be moving out full time to the farm, and that means I can put THE PLAN into action!! It's just so exciting

1 8x8 building is the small angora colony, with pop doors to the pens outside.
A short ways away is the New Zealand colony. 30x40ish oval colony, with a feeding station in the middle. only a couple of does to start with. I will most likely add either a red satin doe, or quite possibly red and/or blue NWZ.

and...CHICKENS!! I really miss my chickens.

Then the garden has to be planted and more of it surrounded by fencing. A LOT of produce was lost to the wild rabbits and the deer last year. My PLAN is to fence with 2x4 wire, but to then weave willow and grapevines (we have a LOT of grapevines) thru the wire on the bottom 1ft. or...maybe I'll just use chicken wire. Might be better all around.

This year the tractors both work and are ready to go. The 3/4 ton truck is in great shape. The chicken coops are already built. There are 2 hoop coops I can use as greenhouses, And the apartment is ready for occupation. WOOOOHOOO!!!!

okay. I'm done being all bouncy and happy and such. :happy2:

infect me more ...

I'm sick of the cold and dark already and it's hardly started ... ;)

okay! let's see....

can you spot the chick? nothing says spring like ordering chicks!
24July01.jpg

um.....

ooo....seed catalogs. Here's my favorite one for local seeds:http://www.jungseed.com/.

and for ROSES!!! http://heirloomroses.com/

how about a whole bunch of heritage breed turkeys sleeping on a BB poult who's 2 weeks older? (they make GREAT pillows apparently)
turkeypillow.jpg

to help prevent deer and raccoon damage, plant squash around the outside of your garden patch. Doesn't stop everything, but it will help. and the seeds will be useful with the buns. :)

Back