Getting ready for summer, automatic fan and misting setup with pics!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alzeal

Reaction score
That's a beautiful set-up you have. You must be east of I-5! :)
Thank you, I still have to build some nesting boxes in the middle space between the cages. I wanted to finish up all the wiring before building. Yup I'm in riverside county just before temecula. The summers here can get brutal.

Thank you, I still have to build some nesting boxes in the middle space between the cages. I wanted to finish up all the wiring before building. Yup I'm in riverside county just before temecula. The summers here can get brutal.
Ah, lovely country! Way back when, I worked at the Nature Conservancy reserve in Murietta, and lived in an ancient adobe bungalow with no electricity. Trips to the Big City of Temecula (i.e. the shops with air conditioning!) were a highlight! :)

I'm impressed that you can raise rabbits there - it was challanging enough in San Diego where the coastal influence tempers the heat a bit. Do you stop breeding during the summer?

Ah, lovely country! Way back when, I worked at the Nature Conservancy reserve in Murietta, and lived in an ancient adobe bungalow with no electricity. Trips to the Big City of Temecula (i.e. the shops with air conditioning!) were a highlight! :)

I'm impressed that you can raise rabbits there - it was challanging enough in San Diego where the coastal influence tempers the heat a bit. Do you stop breeding during the summer?
That's awesome. We came from LA county and will never go back lol. Temecula Murrieta area is a really laid back area. We actually want to move to other rural states so we can have some proper land, but we'll see.

Yes I don't bother breeding during the summer. I just bred my does for a final litter before summer proper. I find though having misters and fans really help, first time I set it up to be automatic so still have to play with the settings. Fans come on around 78-80F. Misters at about 85F. Misters turn off at around 84.5. I just want the misters to spray my bunnies a bit and not drench them. So far its working pretty well.

Are those solar powered?
Hi everything is 12V so you can definitely run this off a battery and a solar panel. Fans only use like 3 watts each, same with the solenoid valve for the misters. The temperature controllers are also 12V. I use a small 12v power supply because I have electricity running to all my hutches though.

Back