Difficult Doe and Gentle Buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakub Witkowski

Reaction score
Hi I have recently started breeding rabbits. One of my does is very difficult. She is a Giant Flemish / French Lop mix (one year old). She has been scared of everything and is quite jumpy ever since I got her.
I have paired her once with a Giant Flemish buck. She took a long time to lift and it took a few hours of him chasing after her for her to let him mount and fall off successfully and at that point she just let him mount several times. She ended up with a big nice litter but she was a terrible mum and I had to give most the kits to my other does for care.

This time I wanted to pair her with a French Lop male as I would like to keep one of the kits and replace her with it. However, the male is quite nice and gentle ( in comparison to the previous one), He chases her a bit and tries to mount but she will not lift for him. He is very nice to her and cleans her and tries to get her to like him I guess but she isn't responding. watched them for about 3 hours out of interest and saw only one successful falloff. Unlike with the other buck, I'm not afraid to leave these two together all day as there is no animosity at all.

Is there any way to help her along? It is really the last time I need to breed her and I would like it to be with this buck. Thx!

Latest posts

Back