Dark mode for rabbittalk.com?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartbased Homestead

Reaction score
I've been looking throughout the settings. Admittedly, I'm becoming more like a grandma with tech and it's hard for me to have the patience to find, pretty sure I looked everywhere though.

Another forum I'm a part of - stolenhistory.net - has a nice little lightbulb symbol in the upper righthand corner which easily switches between light and dark mode.

I recently converted to a fulltime dark mode purist, never use light mode. Is there a way to make this happen on rabbittalk? Or if not, would the creator(s) be interested in adding this feature?

TIA ♥

Hi, first post here. Below should be a screenshot of what I see when on this forum. Do you see a lighter version than mine? Most browsers now have a setting that makes an attempt to change every website/webpage to dark if you choose. Mine was under <Settings, Appearance, Color> with a dropdown box to choose between light (default setting), dark or the Operating System setting. If this works for you also, it should show all websites in dark mode.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Attachments

• 1705436145643.png
    1705436145643.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
@eco2pia
I'm using 'Brave' as my browser, which is also based on the same Chromium engine as yours. The difference might be that I'm not on Windows. I'm using Linux as my operating system. The Chrome web store has multiple extensions that advertise as a global dark mode. Can't vouch for any particular extension, but the below link has a pretty good pedigree. (pun) 4.7 out of 5 stars with 10.9K ratings.

Might be worth a try . . .

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

A quick glance shows that XenForo, your CMS for this site has a dark theme plugin. Which should make it fairly painless to implement with no custom programming. Mixed reviews on it though.

Anyway thanks to @Heartbased Homestead for bringing it up. I feel your pain when you go from dark to an instant retina burn. It would be nice to get your browser to be global dark though. Cheers.

@eco2pia
I'm using 'Brave' as my browser, which is also based on the same Chromium engine as yours. The difference might be that I'm not on Windows. I'm using Linux as my operating system. The Chrome web store has multiple extensions that advertise as a global dark mode. Can't vouch for any particular extension, but the below link has a pretty good pedigree. (pun) 4.7 out of 5 stars with 10.9K ratings.

Might be worth a try . . .

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh
This has worked for me since I use Chrome! Thanks TomO!

Back