All-Natural Hay and Feed

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read that too, so asked at feed store he disagreed. So I give my rabbits a tray every night ( for the group)that's how I reward them for going in when called. They are in a colony and free range between their shelter and yard all day. I say " bun buns time to go home, treats" they come running
I also free feed pellets and hay. Piles of tree trimmings, garden goodies. I also will pull whole sunflower plants for them, seed head, root and all. I notice on days they got a big seed head in the yard to work on they don't eat all the BOSS at night ( usually every last seed gets eaten) so they self regulate. In more than 70 rabbits I have raised I have only had one fatty.she had lived in a cage. I believe good food, good exercise, and freedom to choose makes happy, healthy rabbits. Aria just delivered her first litter (11)
Very good to know. Maybe I can confirm the self regulating evidence. I feed small amounts to a lactating doe that is underweight. She is frantic to get to the BOSS, but usually does not finish the small mount I give her at one time.

I have read that too, so asked at feed store he disagreed. So I give my rabbits a tray every night ( for the group)that's how I reward them for going in when called. They are in a colony and free range between their shelter and yard all day. I say " bun buns time to go home, treats" they come running
Oh my goodness I love this visual so much!! I wish I could see this. ❤️

Back