The introvert male

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manilero1

Reaction score
Hello folks
Four days ago I bought three does and one buck, but I am noticing that the buck Didn't do mating he looks very afraid, any suggestions please

Attachments

• 20200715_224529.jpg
    20200715_224529.jpg
    796.2 KB · Views: 869
  • 20200715_224422.jpg
    20200715_224422.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 869
he has probubly tried already and just got a bite in the rear end
i had a buck like that the doe cased him around until she bit him
but that was a wile ago i put him near a good buck and let him see how its done you have to do that 4 or 5 tiems before he gets envy and wants to try

A young buck can be cautious around does, and if he's been poorly treated by them can be scared off them for life.

Thank you all , as you say guys I think that I 'll borrow my friend's rabbit and I 'll hope that my buck will learn from him

Hi :)

I would say, perfectly normal. Rabbits aren't fond of changes and need some time to settle in, also a new, youg buck can need some time to figure out what his job is, or the does to get into the mood.

I got a new, 8 months old buck this year, needed 3 weeks to figure it out, spent several hours with the girls each day.

Well, now, it just takes 10 miutes of a not properly latched cage to knock up both girls, I'm wading knee deep in baby bunnies, and I fear there's more to come :?

Also, what's the weather in, what, Algeria? When it's hot, over 25°C, the aren't very active, so putting them together in the night might help.

Preitler":1s06wsop said:
Hi :)

I would say, perfectly normal. Rabbits aren't fond of changes and need some time to settle in, also a new, youg buck can need some time to figure out what his job is, or the does to get into the mood.

I got a new, 8 months old buck this year, needed 3 weeks to figure it out, spent several hours with the girls each day.

Well, now, it just takes 10 miutes of a not properly latched cage to knock up both girls, I'm wading knee deep in baby bunnies, and I fear there's more to come :?

Also, what's the weather in, what, Algeria? When it's hot, over 25°C, the aren't very active, so putting them together in the night might help.

Thank you a lot you explain the situation very well I 'll give him more time to settle , by the way I always put them together without separing day and night. And I live in the desert of algeria where the temperature nowadays exceed 45 at the day and no less than 35 at night but the rabbit of our area manage to support it because they drill in the sand and making pits to warm their body <br /><br /> -- Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:38 pm -- <br /><br />
Zass":1s06wsop said:
How old is the buck? Sometimes they take a while to mature.

Thank you for asking the question. actually I don't know. is there a way to know if he is too young or too old
I applaud his photo hoping that you could know by seeing it

It can be hard to determine the age of an adult rabbit, but sometimes, you can tell if they are still young by looking at their toenails. Small sharp toenails that have never been worn down belong to young rabbits, and big thick nails belong to older animals.

45 celsius is 113 degrees fahrenheit! o_O That's pretty warm for breeding behavior. You might have better luck by separating them, and then reintroducing the male in cooler weather.

it gets like 43 in cali (sorry an american who works in c) and I just take the doe n buck inside for the day to keep them cool and breed them either inside or at night, so far really successful

Now I feel stupid I didn't think of that! :oops: So many sites say that it's impossible to breed them at that temperatures and I was planning on just stopping breeding over our summer - we often are around 35 in summer but some days it goes over 40. We have low humidity though so it's more bearable than other places.

Latest posts

Back