The cutest but weird thing happened

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
So Buster my holland still hasn't been successful in breeding my 2 holland does. I didn't want to breed mixed breed bunnies but he needs the positive experience. He doesn't know what he's doing and he keeps getting rejected. Killing his confidence.

I put sylvia-a mini rex/flemish cross in with him. She immediately raised for him, (hes like 3 lbs she's like.. 9 lbs) so it took him a few tries..LOL

As he was trying, she would lift and then a couple seconds later she would flop over all happy lol. Happened a few times. He successfully got her 2x now. (Litetally the bunnies are together right now)

Has anyone seen this before? I cant tell if she was that happy about breeding (been like a year) or if she was happy to be inside playing in the pool. Either way, it was cute :)

Looks like I will be having 1 more litter for the dogs.. ugh I hate that part..

ipoGSD":yy8zazol said:
Has anyone seen this before?
Yeah, it definitely looks funny when a small male breeds with a female that is 3 times as big as he is. I witnessed the same thing. When Cindy and Tom started the rabbitry with me, we did not want to spend too much, because we were not sure how the whole death thing would go over.

We did not have a buck, but Jessica down the road had been raising Holland lops (pets) for years and recently started California rabbits (meat). With the first breading of our doe (possible Cal X French lop) we took her to Jessica's barn. Jessica's cal bucks was not interested in breading. Jessica then ask if we wanted to try the Holland Lop bucks. She said there were going to be mutts anyway. We agreed. If was rather funny watching a tiny Holland lop buck on a huge cal doe. Jessica commented to the buck, "that is the biggest thing you ever had.". Jessica then put our doe in with two other Holland Bucks.

It was funny looking, but it worked we got five delicious offspring. I think one got a dwarf gene, but dumplings made him all better. :mrgreen: :(

Back