The colony is already too crowded and...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieJ

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Alice just kindled a nice litter of about six.

We pulled both our bucks some time ago and they've been living in the summer rabbitry... so daddy is not either Jasper or Pudge. Therefore, either Jane Doe is really John Doe or Samantha is really Samuel. :stars:

Time to send some of those fryers to freezer camp and make some room in there!

Turns out Jane Doe was really John Doe... it was quite obvious once I turned her - uh, him - over. He is now in the fridge with three of the fryers awaiting freezer camp. I kind of hated to butcher John Doe... a very nice rabbit, but we don't need three bucks. We had a very busy day here without this and the heat and humidity made it harder. We put four fryers in a large cage in the summer rabbitry so that is eight rabbits less in the colony... leaving two does (really they are!) plus eight fryers and Alice's new popples. Manageable, even in the heat. Thank goodness.

I suppose we can expect Samantha to kindle sometime soon.

Kind of how I have a litter in July. Akemi, who I haven't bothered to rename, was suppose to be a doe and then after discovery of it's correct gender (apparently a bit too late) he hated being put in an individual cage and plots every day how to escape with several successes so far. I'm waiting the next 2 weeks to see how successful these escapes were. Recent threats to turn him in to dog food with the other extra bucks I don't have cage space for seem to have worked and he's stayed put for the past 2weeks.

Anntann":2e4i5e4w said:
:D Poor Samantha. You'll be watching her nad waiting...and waiting...and palpating her....

Nope. I'll take a peek in the nest tunnels from time to time but other than that I'll leave her alone. My rabbits have a good life in the colony, but they really do not like being handled (except Alice), so I don't. :bunnyhop:

Latest posts

Back