Thank you to Jeff at ShowRabbits.com!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gone

Hi all,

A while ago I was contacted by Jeff, the owner of ShowRabbits.com and other online games focused on breeding and showing animals. He has found RT to be very useful in developing his game, and wished to give something back in the form of a donation. This wasn't just any donation though, this is a big one that will offset most of our running costs for the next year! We were blown away by his generosity, and gratefully accepted. In return, we're providing the banner ad on the homepage that I'm sure you've seen by now. I hope this helps him to grow his site further.

To Jeff, I want to express our sincerest thanks and appreciation for your help! I'm sure all of our members feel the same. We've got a great community here, and it's a real pleasure to see it able to flourish. There is also a current thread [here] where people are talking about your game, and asking some questions. If you would like to engage them and talk about your site, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.
:thankyou: :greatjob: :thankyou:

To everyone, please consider checking out ShowRabbits.com, maybe suggesting it to a friend, or mentioning it on social media. Even if it's not the kind of game for you, I think we can agree that it's pretty cool to see original, non-violent games being produced. I think it's a good thing to encourage.

Changes to our donation plan.

Starting in January, instead of having a large annual goal for our donations, I will be changing it to show a small monthly goal instead. Any donations we receive that exceed our running costs will be saved as a buffer for emergencies (for instance if we had to change hosts again), for upgrades and improvements to the site or the server it's on, and if unused for that, will be used for our 2016 costs. Jeff's generous donation has taken the pressure off us, which is wonderful, but we intend to try to plan ahead and be prepared to keep things stable in the long term as well.

We would also like to take this chance to thank everyone who has donated to RT so far. You've all been wonderfully generous, and it has helped us so much to provide a good, stable site for you and our community. Thank you for your understanding when we moved to our current host, and helping us to overcome that crisis! Thanks also for all the help since then.
:thankyou: :grouphug2: :thankyou:

A technical footnote about the banner ad itself:

In keeping with my strict use of ads on RT, it's a simple banner that is hosted on RabbitTalk, without any scripting or flash, so you needn't worry about blocking it or having RT show anything unseemly (like sometimes happens when using third party ad distribution services).

If it helps keep RT up and running, it must be something good. :D So, I'll second your THANK YOU. It looked like an interesting game to me. :)

(Feeling a bit entitled and judgmental) I took a long hard look at the banner and evaluated how it impacted a random unaffiliated forum user, like me.
I decided:
"It's actually pretty cute. It's presence is not negatively impacting my use of this web forum in any way, and it is not something any modern computer is going to struggle with loading.

When people really rebel against the idea of adds...well, some of our brains hurt after a day of having belly fat reducers flashed at us. :roll:
Rabbit related sponsors somehow, do not feel like the same kind of thing at all. I'm really glad he chose to support this web forum!

If more sponsors are needed, it might be nice or even helpful to RT users to have some stationary banners for websites that sell cage supplies and equipment, veterinary supplies, or more rabbit related games.

Thank you very much, Jeff! Your generosity to RabbitTalk is so very much appreciated!

I am so glad we were able to help you develop your game. It looks very interesting, and your similar games for other types of animals look clever.

And thank you to our amazing members, who have done so much to pull us through some critical times! :hooray:

I'd just like to add my thanks to Jeff for his generosity. I hope the banner here on RabbitTalk brings many people to ShowRabbits.com, Jeff.

To our RabbitTalk members, thank you for the loyal support you have given us, especially during the problems we had earlier this year. It is wonderful people like you that make the work of running these forums worthwhile.

And to MidnightCoder and my wonderful Mods: without you, this site could not keep functioning as it does. We have a great team here at RT and I am very appreciative of your hard work and unfailing dedication.

I turned my ad blocker off so I can see the banner. That's non intrusive and rabbit related. I'd have no issues with rabbit related stuff showing up. Years ago I ran a website for a band and accepted select advertising from music related stuff... never had any complaints and people found stuff they were interested in all the time.

I want to chime in with my sincere thanks to Jeff also! I am newer to the rabbit world and Rabbit Talk has been such a blessing to me in learning & getting advice and encouragement along the way so far! Everyone is wonderful. Thank you for supporting this site Jeff!
I just checked out the add and am happy to see about this game. I think this is something my oldest daughter would really enjoy. What a unique idea... refreshing considering the other types of games out there. Thanks!

Woohoo! I noticed the ad and was like, "Wait, is this new?" I'm quite pleased though. ShowRabbits is kind of what brought me back to RT again. I was too busy chatting about my IRL rabbits vs my pixel rabbits. :lol: Figured this would be the better place for that.

On SR, I run game-version Koenigland Rabbitry with Mini Satins and (recently acquired) Californians. I've also worked with Flemish Giants, Satin Angoras, and helped with a few rarer breeds, but MSes are my fave insofar.

It's there much of an operating overhead? I mean, is the site paying a bundle for hosting? Because I can offer hosting space. Hosting and domain shouldn't cost more than $30-$40/yr or so.... not that anyone should have to carry that themselves, this is a great forum. Best rabbit resource on the net. :)

I echo the words of appreciation for the donation and support of RT. But, too be totally honest, I never even noticed the banner. After reading this thread and the comments, I had to go back to the main page to see what everyone was talking about. I think I'm a bit unusual when it comes to marketing. Advertising does not affect me at all. If I'm watching a sporting event, I mute all of the commercial time between programing. When I'm at someone's house (where I don't have control of the remote), I'm continually amazed that anyone pays any attention to the incredibly stupid commercials. I think to myself "what kind of fool would be drawn to this product by this childish commercial". But, it must work well because the commercials get more and more foolish every day.
Anyway, all that to say the banner bothers me not in the least and thanks again for the donation!!!

Latest posts

Back