Tell me I"m CRAZY!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy

Reaction score
My boys are grown, graduated, and good guys. I'm proud.
I've earned the right to be proud.

Mama threw me a Major-League curve tonight.
It's one that I'm gonna have to think on for a spell.
I'm too damned old to be thinkin' what I'm thinkin'!!!

But.......there's a one-year old baby girl that needs a 'safe' place
to call home. I'm 'thinkin'.......that's scary to even consider.
A little African American baby girl that's got no place safe to call home.
Her grandmother was shot and killed in front this baby's mother and three aunts.

I'll seriously do some soul-searching over the next several days.
It's a HUGE leap/step to take.
I always wanted a baby girl. I'm saying my prayers over this deal.

grumpy.

It's not crazy. Follow your heart...
I go to church with a couple that raised their children and then adopted 2 more when they were out of the house.
They're a great family and couldn't be happier. They said it was the perfect time for them to adopt the children and give them all their time and love. :)

I have to wonder if your recently departed son has guided this baby girl to you, knowing that you can help each other. She will be a lucky little lady indeed if she gets to join your family.

I have faith that you will make the right decision for her and your family.

Nope, won't hear that you're crazy from me. I'm with everybody else that's posted so far. The little baby girl would be amazingly blessed to join your family, and I'll bet your boys would be delighted to help you love on her. :)

As BunnyBounce pointed out, you would not be the first to raise kids, and then adopt more to raise.

Praying you'll know what to do. I know this is not a small decision to make. :)

Grumpy You are crazy, BUT Isn't that what brings out the best in us, sometimes it takes someone to go out on a limb and take a chance that changes someones life... Maybe your just the crazy person with a VERY big heart to do just that:) Pray and follow your heart.

Spend some time in prayer, then spend some time baby-proofing your home. :) If there is one thing little girls need is a good father figure to protect and to teach her her worth and how to expect men to treat her. I think you are just the man to do just that for this little girl.

You didn't want to retire no-how!

Are you Crazy, or are you Crazy like a fox.
this is a huge step to take, However after saying this.
What ever you choose to do will inpact your's and this little girls life for ever.
I believe there is a reason each and every person enters our lives, some for a short time and others for
the rest of our lives. Each and every encounter is special in it's own way.
you have been blessed by meeting this child, more so with the chance to adopt her.
Pray by your self, pray with your wife and pray with your boys.
You will be in my prayers, may you get all the wisdom and guidence you need.

I appreciate everyone's support. I truly do.
It's gonna take me some time to figure all of this out.

Baby Girl would be number 11. I've raised ten children during my life.
I must admit, I'm gettin' pretty good at raisin' 'em. LOL.

BUT.......My age cannot be discounted.
It's highly doubtful I'll survive long enough to see her graduate.
Most men in my family line perish somewhere in their mid-70's.
She's 17 years away from graduation....That puts me near 80.

What would that do to a young woman? Is that 'fair' to her?
I don't care about myself. I'm thinking only of her well-being.

It's Hell to get old and come face to face with your own mortality.
That hurts in ways I'm unaccustomed to.

These are the negatives I need to consider.

grumpy.

Grumpy.

Our parents all die at some point. We can only do the best we can and give our children the tools they need.

So if you died before she graduated high school. What would that do to her? Well... It would have given her a wonderful father. Many beautiful memories. A self worth. Knowing what a real man is.

These are things you cannot discount when making your decision. Would she grieve? Of course. Will she be heartbroken? Yes. Would she have traded even one second with you? I can bet you a million dollars she would not have given up even a half second.

You never know when you are going to die. My Mom passed away at a young 56 years of age. When you were 56, what age kids did you have in the house? I'm 34, I could die tomorrow with a 17 year old daughter.

We don't love the ones in our lives any less because they pass away. We are grateful for the time we have.

My stepfather was 61 when his one and only child was born -- my baby sister. His biggest dream was to see her graduate from high school. He did and a little more. Her graduation was his shining moment.

Raising 11 children is a huge deal. You've earned a rest but then, show me in the Word of God where He says anything about retirement! ;-) I'm sure God will show you the right thing to do.

When I was reading this ,, I was going to mention age... Age does play a big role bring up kids.. SOme can do it and others have a very hard time and forget what it was like to have small kid around again... being only one year is a great under taking.. It is awesome that you are even thinking about it... but for her .. I wonder if there is a younger couple that cant have kids might be able to adopt her.. I think she should have two parents if possible.. She will want that mother role when she gets older... I had my dad raise me.. No mother... It was hard on me.. I wish a had a mother there when I need her the most.. A father just isn't the same.. when you are a girl.. for me anyways.

I certainly understand the thoughts about your mortality. It is wise to consider everything, especially as the loss of either you or your wife would leave the other to care for her alone, hopefully with help from family.

None of us is promised tomorrow, though. Many, many children have lost their fathers before they graduated, some long before... and some of those fathers were in their 20s, 30s, or 40s.

Don't let that be the thing that stops you. :)

You're crazy.

But it's a good thing to be crazy about. Much better than what many people are crazy over anyway. Just make sure you have the necessary fortitude for raising a child that young and the monetary needs as well and you'll be fine especially if you learned from any mistakes you may have made in the past. Plus if you're crazy now then there isn't any way that you can go crazy from the child! Bright side to everything. :D

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":14s39sn9 said:
When I was reading this ,, I was going to mention age... Age does play a big role bring up kids.. SOme can do it and others have a very hard time and forget what it was like to have small kid around again... being only one year is a great under taking.. It is awesome that you are even thinking about it... but for her .. I wonder if there is a younger couple that cant have kids might be able to adopt her.. I think she should have two parents if possible.. She will want that mother role when she gets older... I had my dad raise me.. No mother... It was hard on me.. I wish a had a mother there when I need her the most.. A father just isn't the same.. when you are a girl.. for me anyways.

Grumpy has a better half I thought? I remember him remodeling a kitchen with his boys and she got a pretty yellow paint job.

Frecs":2np1kjhm said:
dayna wrote:
Grumpy has a better half I thought? I remember him remodeling a kitchen with his boys and she got a pretty yellow paint job.

Grumpy painted his wife yellow? :x

Yes, Grumpy has a wife... and his strapping sons had to hold her mighty tight to get her painted! :p

Grumpy,

Hubs agrees that you can offer her a much better life than what she is facing now.

I agree with the others here that it is not the quantity of time you will have with her, but the quality of that time. However, if something were to happen to both you and your wife, would your sons be willing to raise her the rest of the way?

I think a family meeting is in order.

Latest posts

Back