Tell me I"m CRAZY!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't sweat it. I suppose the child's situation is the most important thing. I mean, if she has no where else to go and no one who will take better care of her, well, then do you even have a choice?

Knowing who would care for her if something happens to you is important.

A child having both parents living with them is a luxury these days. I knew maybe 2 kids that had both parents growing up.

Somehow we all manage, although life might not be ideal.

But hey, while I'm wishing, I would have wanted rich parents too, and a pony, and a mini cooper.
Most of all, it would have been nice to have had even one single parent who had cared about us more than alcohol or drugs.

Don't get me wrong, my life is excellent these days,
what I'm trying to say is just that we are all just trying to make the best of what we have. If there is something we don't have, well, no problem. We cope.

Prior Quote:
I don't care about myself. I'm thinking only of her well-being.

It's a beautiful thought.
I've considered nothing but this situation for nearly 24-hours.

This isn't easy:
I don't say a helluva lot about my home-life, but I will say this.
There's too many things wrong and not enough things right.
Considering the emotional atmosphere, the Little Lady deserves better.

My apologies for getting everyone's hopes up.....along with my own.

Grumpy.

grumpy":1ghk5t1i said:
Prior Quote:

This isn't easy:

Grumpy.

If it's not right, it's not right. Can't change that. :)

Hugs!

Yep, same sentiment here. If it were right, you'd have known it.
I had a similar situation, only with family, 5 or so years back.
I had the opportunity to take two children, to prevent them from being split up in the system.
Unfortunately, it was not right for our family.
It was a hard decision, but I know it was the right one.

Well I'd rather have a loving parent to bring me up half into adulthood, than not have one. Besides, if someone else takes her in, what say they won't meet an untimely death themselves for one or another reason (disease, accidents whatnot)? And what say you won't live a bit longer than you expect?

I can't give any advice or anything, I don't really know you well enough, I don't know what other people there are around you both etc etc. I definetly have no clue on childraising other than how not to do it. But as I see it.. all we ever know is our present. The past gets distorted by memories and the future is not yet told.<br /><br />__________ Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:00 am __________<br /><br />
grumpy":2uc040fe said:
Prior Quote:

This isn't easy:

Grumpy.

Only read this now. But you are the oly one who can decide and know of your situation. You deserve cred for thinking it through properly.

grumpy":1p2nxxv3 said:
Prior Quote:

This isn't easy:

Grumpy.

A man has to know his own limitations.

You have the most generous heart, Grumpy, but under the circumstances I think you are making a wise decsion - for yourself, your family and the Little Lady. (((HUGS)))

Yeah, what they said. I for one, and I'm sure others are/will too, will be praying for the little girl. Is it possible to ask for a first name so I can pray more directly? Don't give a last name or location...just a first name.

I have raised a few that I was not the bio. father, -- it is hard, -- but I would do it again if I needed to. and-- they still love me, [and they know I am an ass] -- her 7 + my 5 =12, and -have had a couple more here after that.I walked the floor with a newborn, that was sick for the first few months,when she slept ,she slept on my chest, -it was a few years ago, -she still thinks I am her personal property. But at 60 it is not as easy as I remembered from an earlier life.-

My parents adopted a child they couldn't really take care of, and they never finished the paperwork properly. They were older and having health problems, but his home situation was so horrible they came in to rescue him anyway. He was taken away, and put back in the original situation because there was no where else to put the kid. A lot more damage was done through that entire process than if they'd never tried to take him in, in the first place.

Sometimes the desire to help is best tempered with the knowledge of one's limits. The best of intentions aren't good enough if you can't really follow through. I admire the heck out of you, Grumpy, both for your desire to help, and for the wisdom to be able to see your limits. That takes a lot.

Follow your heart's desire and give yourself time too to think it over. As long as what you do is right and if it is what your heart desires then go for it. :D

Back