Tattoo numbing?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kbtatts pen doesn't seem to bother the buns too much when I use it, so I haven't even tried numbing.
(I am very light handed.)
The kits usually look a little annoyed with me, and flick their ears a bit, but remain friendly and receptive to petting and such. I had one wiggle out of the towel she was wrapped in to nose-bump me while I was working on her. :lol:

They give me the impression that they might be equating the feeling of the tattoo pen with the feeling of being over-groomed by another rabbit. Not pleasant, but that my intent may actually be affectionate. I've yet to see one show signs of fear or resentment afterwards.

Kbatts tattoo pen with stock needle looks like it will go through the ear. Will it? Do I need to shorten the rubber at all?

Pen tattoo needles rarely go through the ear (how deep they go depends more on how much force you use), but I generally keep my needles so they are about 1/8 inch long at their longest, and back into the pen at the shortest, which makes them easier to work with.

I agree with Sable Steel.
There is absolutely no reason to push a pen as far into the ear as it will allow, as it only takes a little bit of needle to provide nice dark lines.
If a needle hangs out too far, it can be a bit more tricky to work with. I've had a few needles that could have been shortened, but, I was still able to use them.

It brings up a good point though. There should probably be better instructions for the use of those things.

I could not agree more. I never used the pen design and there was no instructions at all. Nothing on how to clean etc....

I have a Kbatt and it came in a nice bag but thats all.

Latest posts

Back