Talking About Snowballed Dilutes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SableSteel

Reaction score
I'm trying to collect data from anybody who has had a snowball rabbit. This is a kit that with a bright white under (in a color not meant to have a bright white undercolor). Usually this molts out, and usually the rabbit in question is a dilute (dd) based. For anybody that has had snowballs, can you tell me:

What breed was it?
What variety was it?
How was the quality of color after it molted out?
Were any relatives of the rabbit snowballed?

If anybody has any more information about snowballs that they want to share, please do so, I'd love to hear it. Also, if you have any pictures of snowballs that I could include in an informational article, I'd love those too (just tell me who I should attribute it to)
Thank you

Black silver fox are sometimes snowballed. I've had at least one (pedigreed) kit with a very dense pure white undercoat, where most have a darker, bluish undercolor.
I remember because the first one alarmed me. If I had more, I didn't pay much attention. :)

Would this be considered snowballed? I thought she was a blue Rex that I have had many of until I noticed the white undercoating. The white in the picture is where I blew in her coat.

Attachments

• B4992C70-0794-49E3-BA68-10C279FEF239.jpeg
    B4992C70-0794-49E3-BA68-10C279FEF239.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 5
Back