strange little ears....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
One of the NWZ has strange little ears. well, strange BIG ears. they don't quite stand up at the top. they're...floppy. She's 4 weeks now, and the other 3 all have really erect ears..is this just a "thang" with her and will they eventually stand up? or is it an oddity? She's built more like Peter..broader head, broader ears..if that helps any.

Whatever the reason...she's just the cutest thing.....:D

jw ears are adorable ;)

maybe bun is just tempting you to want Popple even more ;)

Dose twicky wabbits!

If its just the tips and they look sort of wilted, Ann, it may be just a growth spurt thing. There is a theory that it can be caused by a vitamin shortage in a time of fast growth... But I'll bet the ears are just fine in a few weeks time.

MaggieJ":12u2qcbw said:
She's saying... "Look at me! I'm too cute to eat!"
Yes, well, at the rate the CURRENT batch of fryers is going, she doesn't have much to worry about :cool:

here we go. picture of the little critter. Doesn't show how BROAD her head is (just like Peter), but I guess I'm just being a nooooobie..worrying over the one that doesn't look like the others :oops:
DSCN2717.jpg

You say "she" but the broad head like Peter's could indicate a little buck. At four weeks the parts are still pretty small...

The ear tips look typical of what I have once or twice observed with my rabbits at that age. It's very cute and appealing but I think it will likely go away before long. There have been other discussions of this on HT in the past and there is some thought that it may be due to fast growth. I've never heard of it causing a health problem.

Helicopter ears :).....One often gets them when there is a bit of lop floating around int the background. Some times they straighten up, some times they down...at least they are not sticking straight out sideways :eek:

:D Her ears certainly are BIG! very very broad. Kind of like...spoons. Much like Peter's. h/she is certainly trying his/her best to look cute, too. Hopped over to the door today and tried to cozy up to me, telling me how WONDERFUL I am. HAH! What she really wanted was the hay I had in my hand. As soon as I put the hay was gone from my hands...so was the bunny!

__________ Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm __________

Well, she's still looking like a she, and her ears are still flopping around like wings. :D Although the left one seems to be straighter now. However, the biggest popple, which I was liking for Peter's 2nd wifey...now has a protuberance where the taco was. :? We are NOT amused.

Anntann":2wgb7mmb said:
Well, she's still looking like a she, and her ears are still flopping around like wings. :D Although the left one seems to be straighter now.

Did the SCF ever show up, or did she stay a she?

Anntann":2wgb7mmb said:
However, the biggest popple, which I was liking for Peter's 2nd wifey...now has a protuberance where the taco was. :? We are NOT amused.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Nope. she's a she. and the ears are really growing now. And one of the others has the same thing going on. It's kind of strange..maybe I should be feeding something or watching for a problem? anyway...they'll be all up and perky one day..and then a few days later, I'll have two that have dropped the tips a little. Then only one. Then 2 again..then none...sigh.

The only one that NEVER has droopy tips is the girl that sits around and looks like mama-san...ears back, glaring at me when I reach in. I had one of those the last litter, too. She ended up being the 2nd heaviest rabbit.

Latest posts

Back