Register

Stolen Holland Lops in Michigan

A place for community members to buy and sell rabbits or rabbit related items. Everyone can read, but you must have 20 posts to participate. ALL buy/sell/trade threads must be posted here.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,715.00

Stolen Holland Lops in Michigan

Post Number:#1  Unread postby dangerbunny » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:36 pm

We had several rabbits stolen from our barn last night, if you see any of these Holland Lops please let us know. We have filed a police report. We are in Livingston county. Thank you.

Tort Jr buck- tattoo ‪#‎280L‬
Broken Blue Sr doe- tattoo ‪#‎D287W‬
Broken Tort Jr buck
Blue Eyed White Jr buck
Orange Jr buck
Chestnut Jr buck
DangerBunny Farm
Raising purebred Holland Lop rabbits
Focusing on our beautiful BEW bunnies!
http://dangerbunnyfarm.weebly.com/
https://www.facebook.com/DangerbunnyFarm

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 3,170.00

Re: Stolen Holland Lops in Michigan

Post Number:#2  Unread postby HansenHomestead » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:59 pm

OMG wow why would someone do such a thing? If a rabbit is tattooed why would they bother stealing it when they know it can be tracked down. I am so sorry this happened! *hugs*

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 10,884.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby FourRingCircus » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:26 pm

Oh how awful - people are so... so.... I don't think I can even come up with a "proper" word to describe them.
Formerly known as "heritage" :)

Homeschool mom of 4 little ones - 9, 8, 6, & 4!

Our Four Ring Farmstead journey will be on hold for a few years as we take on a new adventure in WV! Maybe a new focus on gardening in a cooler climate...

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 60,348.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:25 pm

So sorry to hear about this, Dangerbunny. :evil: :evil: :evil:

These days nothing is safe. I hope you'll be able to tighten up your security so this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

I don't know how many rabbits you have or why they stole the ones they did. Is there any pattern to it that might lead to a suspect?
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
michaels4gardens

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,797.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby jimmywalt » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:09 pm

That's terrible. I'm from Michigan (other side of the state).

I wonder if it was some kids being mean, or some "animal rights" people....... Hope you find them!!!

If they are kept outside you can VERY inexpensively install a motion sensor light so if someone walks in your yard the light goes on. That might scare them away.

I helped a friend who's barn was getting broke into a few times. I installed a motion light and also attached a car alarm I got from the junk yard. Needless to say he heard it go off in the middle of the night (as did probably everyone within 1/4 mile of his house), he never had the problem again! Bet it scared the jerks to death!!!!

There's a big rabbit show at MSU next Saturday. You should distribute flyers to EVERYONE there with this information and PICTURES TOO!

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,616.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby ladysown » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:05 am

it's easy to steal AND hide rabbits unfortunately.

Best defense is a good offense... make it too difficult to steal them. And scare tactics and locks. Cameras help too if you find a way to hide them so the camera isn't stolen....
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

The following user would like to thank ladysown for this post
michaels4gardens

BunnyBucks: 25.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Caspar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:01 pm

That is awful. My bunnies are my babies and I don't know what I would do if one was stolen. Will keep an eye out but doubt they would come to small area. But will watch just in case.

(Edited: removed double post)

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 9,491.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:15 am

even though this is a very old thread, it is something everyone should be concerned about, especially with the "new more disrespectful", variety of "animal rights activist"..- When I lived in California, I had some trouble with someone breaking into my rabbit barn, I filed a police report,posted a no trespassing, and beware of dog sign, and put the pyrenees in the barn,[as suggested by the sheriff deputy who came by to investigate and "make the report"], -a break in was only attempted one more time- I didn't find out who it was , but they left their pry bar behind when they left.
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.