Stiff neck...and NOT 'cuz I'm a snob!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
For two days now I've been nursing a stupid stiff neck :( I'm okay if I stare straight ahead, but god help me if I twist left, or tilt my nose up toward the ceiling. (which, as a snob, is where my nose belongs!! ;) ) It's that stupid little muscle group right at the base of the skull.

waaaahhhhhhh. poor me!

so what's been bugging YOU lately, hmmm?

Me and the tin man. :)

Actually, my aunt used to use WD-40 (or was it 3 in 1 Oil?)on her knees. I found this out from another aunt just a few years ago. Apparently it is/was a common folk remedy for arthritis. This would have been forty years ago or so...

Yeah, glucosamine is good. I take it until the symptoms go away and then I forget... LOL. Time to start again.

The oil thing is a bit odd... but hey, whatever works. And apparently it did help, even if it was psychosomatic. If it stops the pain, why not?

The only trouble I'm willing to acknowledge is my gout.

By the process of elimination I've determined it's activated by almonds......or vodka.

Dang! I wonder why they keep slipping almonds into everything now-a-days?

if it works go for it - my motto for most of life ... though I'm nt sure i'll be oiling my knees too soon ;)

all ok here for once :)

john_francis":lj44gao7 said:

By the process of elimination I've determined it's activated by almonds......or vodka.

oh heavens...maybe I'm allergic to almonds! That must be why I get those horrible headaches after I have the almond vodka martinis! WOW. And to think, I switched to almonds from the olives, cuz I was SURE I was allergic to olives!

john_francis":2d0xoffm said:

:rotfl:

MaggieJ":qwxc9x6b said:
My right knee clicks three times every time I bend it. No real pain, but it drives me bonkers to hear "click, click, click" all the time.

Every joint I have clicks since I was about 11. Same for my daughter. When we bend our knees it sounds like twisting bubble wrap. And yes Glucosamine/chondroitin is wonderful! But I hadn't noticed it helping with the clicks...I'll have to start paying more attention.

I also click EVERYWHERE. Its so irritating, and my husband has problems even sleeping in the room with me, cuz mty joints make so much noise,,,

We've decided by the time I'm 30 every joint on my right side and my left knee will need surgery. Every so often I go to stand up only to find myself sitting on the floor. It's a bit disconcerting but I still do martial arts, horseback riding, etc... I think after the injury to my right wrist that hurt every minute of every day for 2 years straight I no longer notice joint pain. I just notice when the joint fails on me. Tuesday's martial arts class taught me that my injured wrist does not hold up to hand springs. Luckily I managed not to land on my head when my right arm gave but I did jam both shoulder blades in some weird way that made it feel like my collar bone got shoved together and up at the same time. It hurts to breathe. 24hrs more to recover and then it's time for class again. :-D

Loose joints run in my family, and I've been my own chiropractor since I was a teen. ...which makes my uncle insanely jealous, because he has tried to pop his own back and cannot do it. I finally confessed to him a couple of weeks ago that, while it has its advantages, it also has its disadvantages. If my joints were not loose, I would not be able to realign them myself, BUT I also would not be going out of alignment several times a day. He's still jealous. :lol:

Latest posts

Back