Squiggly belly

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
My new, tiny four month old (five now?) doe is inside for a few days, because Caelin loves her. She doesn't seem very poopy (but she IS pooping) She is drinking, and eating, but eating very little. I gave her a few weeds. She is nibbling them....

She has been laying to her side alot, and I saw her belly squirming. Could this just be poop moving through? Should I get a nest box ready just in case? She is staying inside for the next week, just in case...

What do you guys think?

Since she is new to you, there is a chance she is pregnant. I'd give her a nest box just in case. It is pretty common for appetite to diminish shortly before kindling. But watch her poops closely, just in case it is a GI problem trying to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROBGrwg0pYU

This is a link so you guys can see what I am talking about. Video quality sucks, and there is some swearing in the background...just so you know.

You have to look very closely at her lower belly. You can see her breathing, but the movement doent seem related to her breathing. It squiggles a couple of times, once at the beginning of the video, once at the end.

Yes I can see the babies moving. I don't think there are too many though because the kit seems to be able to move quite a bit. She seems to be breathing a little rapidly; is she hot? if not she may be close to term and a little stressed. :)

She is hot, close to 90 in here, has a water bottle frozen, but doesn't want anything to do with it...

__________ Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:21 pm __________

So with it moving like that, what do you guys figure, a few days to a week before she's due? And if she doesn't do well, I can take the babies to her twice a day to feed? I don't imagine that being so young she wil be a steller mom, but then you never know...

fingers crossed for Loca...<br /><br />__________ Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:23 pm __________<br /><br />she is pretty, huh? real little thing, to. about the size of two month old NZ...maybe a LITTLE bigger.

She needs peace and quiet right now. I know your boy is keenly interested in her, but please explain to him that she needs to rest and keep calm for a few days. You don't have to mention babies. The heat is reason enough. Then I would put her in a secluded place and perhaps give her a fan. Not a blast of air... just to keep it moving. If it blows past the frozen bottle, that will cool the air a bit.

I can stick her in the spare room. Scott does a little bit of computer work in there (quietly) and it is the coolest room. I'll stick a fan in there, too, if he doesn't already have one. Thanks!

And I can just bring in my baby buck to pet and love on.He needs to tame down, anyways.

Back