Squeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I am getting JW's!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenista

Reaction score
Ok.. so someone is giving me 2 Jersey Woolies!
Now what?! I know I need to house them since I cannot just toss them into my colony of meat rabbits.
What about personality?
What about brushing and fiber collection?!
Someone tell me about JW's please!!

Super! :bouncy: From everything I hear about JWs, I think you're in for a treat! :icecream:

They seem to have delightful personalities and are fairly low-maintenance compared to some of the other woollies. Several of our members have them, so I'll leave it to them to fill you in on specifics.

They have the lowest maintenance wool so a quick brush once a week should be good. They also don't eat that much, so don't worry if not all the food is gone by the next feeding time. Their wool is a little harder to work with then Angoras due to length and texture of the fibre, but once you get the hang of it it isn't to hard at all.

Like any wooled breed, things get ugly when they molt, so you can torch their cages and burn off stuck wool etc (Only if it is a metal cage though, I highly recommend not torching plastic cages)

:clap: :mbounce: :clap:
WOOT!! What a wonderful thing! You'll have to have the small clone learn to brush them, and play with them :) I'm so happy for the two little JWs that they're going to your place! My Trufflebee was a total dollface. Never made problems. Just liked to be picked up, and brushed. He wanted a friend to play with. He'd be tossing his hay around, and romping around in his pen happily :)

Where, oh where to put them. I am quite sure they are caged now, but I am more of a fredom kind of gal. They can't go in with my meats..they shouldn't go in the potting shed where we brood chicks... they might could go in the 'lab'..oh piffle.
Toooo hard.

my jws LOVE living large
the does (4)share a 10 x 6 foot run with lots to do in it

the junior bucks (2)share a 2 by 5 foot run

Niobe - my hunny bunny has a run adjacent to the does that is 10x 2 - and yes I keep thinking I should swap him with the babies - but he is such an escape artist I'm thrilled to find simething that holds him ;)

I am thinking maybe in the 'lab'. It is an outbuilding that looks like a tiny school house. There is a workbench that goes the length of it. Thinking about closing that in and putting them there... easy for Simon to reach and out of the elements and out of the big ol barn... Husband is just gonna kill me.. whatever.

Back