Spring has Sprung!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macksmom98

Reaction score
Just an update; things are very busy in the backyard these days! Within the last week we have had 6 new litters, 4 from Californians (ranging from 6-9 kits) and 2 from our Hollands, each had 4. One of them was Crazy Carmel, the first timer-kinda of hyper with attitude, that I mentioned in an earlier post. She has been pretty miserable to be around, and we decided to try one litter with her to see if it would change her disposition and if not cull her. I was really worried I would find a bunch of stomped on babies or her munching on them, like I have heard horror stories about from others. She had 4 babies today, built a great nest, pulled lots of fur, and let me pet her while I refilled her water and cleaned up her cage. So far I am really impressed! She was bred to a super chill Buck with a pedigree, so hopefully she will take good care of her babies and not pass on that temperament! That would earn her enough brownie points to escape the crockpot:) Anyway, in the whole bunch we have lost 4, which I consider to be pretty good out of a total of 37! Planning to do our local bunny pictures again this year too, and getting ready for 2 upcoming shows! Its about to be a busy 2 months taking care of everyone!

Back