Spicy Orange Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyotejoe

Reaction score
Spicy Orange Rabbit
Ingredients
1 rabbit cut into portions.
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp orange marmalade
2 Tbsp sriracha (or more to taste!)
2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
Directions
Combine melted butter, marmalade, sriracha, & soy sauce. Pour over rabbit in a pam sprayed baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until done and sauce is thick. I basted and turned the rabbit every 20 minutes. Serve over fried rice with lots of the sauce.

Attachments

• Spicy Orange Rabbit pic2.jpg
    Spicy Orange Rabbit pic2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 2,042
This was a chicken recipe my niece had posted on Facebook but I think about any chicken recipe works equally well if not better with rabbit. It's very similar to the Honey Baked Rabbit and the Plum Good Rabbit, just different sauces. All are simple and easy with no prep work.

Trying this tonight..with a few changes..half the sriracha, more marmalade(sugar free, all I have,) about half cup water.
Oven on 350° going to bake for an hour covered and half hour uncovered... I'll let you know how it comes out. :D
Had to thicken sauce, uncovered and bumped oven to 400° smells great.

__________ Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:27 pm __________

Big hit, 4 adults and 2 kids..ate the whole batch..Good recipe Coyotejoe!!! The way I did it made extra sauce, My family is big on sauce...

Miss M":gigzc751 said:
Sriracha. Sreeeerah-cha. Whatever language that is, I'm glad I wasn't born there. :lol: I don't know if I can even say that word.

Yeah, sure, and then I looked at your signature and still wonder how that would be pronounced :lol:

Anyway, i can't find this stuff over here, is there an alternative? I have a hot chili sauce (100%Pain), but you sure do not want to put even 1/4 Tbsp of that into anything you actually want to eat. Is the unspeakable stuff just to make it hot (me like much :D ), or is it essential for the flavour? I could try sweet chili sauce, spiced up with my stuff..

Honey baked rabbit was great, so this is the next on my to-do list. Since I want to put a 3yr old doe to good use I think pressure cooking it for 10 minutes previously wouldn't hurt.

Sriracha is commonly called rooster sauce..because the company that makes it puts a rooster on the label...if you have a Chinese / Asian market you can get it there. You can use tye chili sauce also the hot sauce you mentioned should work just use as much as you like. I would think if you have any hot chilis you can put into a processor and make a paste out of will work. The sauce is just for zing..if you leave it out the dish is pretty sweet but still good. I have to cut way back for the kids..

It took some time, but with the heating season starting I've got a hot oven, and first thing I made was this recipe.

Really great :) , like it. I baked a fresh rabbit (not frozen), for about 2 hours because I have no idea what temperature the oven has, just waited til it looked fine. :p

Used my usual hot sauce ("100% Pain"), 3 pea sized drops made it perfectly spicy.

Back